PeaceBee's picture thread :)

PeaceBee

Arachnoknight
So, I finally got a better camera so I can share my awesome Ts with you guys! Happydance!

First, an old pic of my G. rosea Persephone that I took after her first molt in my care back in January :)
Persephone postmolt Jan13.jpg

This is my little A. geniculata which I rehoused yesterday :)
A. genic new home.jpg

One of my three A. diversipes slings!
A. diversipes.jpg

My A. purpurea "#1" which recently molted. Both A. purpureas look male (by molt)
A. purpurea 1 purple.jpg

And "#2" aiming his bum at me :p
A. purpurea 2 stinkbutt.jpg

PeaceBee

Arachnoknight
My little GBB. Cute little dude!
GBB.jpg

Due to it being super reclusive and skittish, this was the first time I was able to get a good pic of my C. fimbriatus. It actually was about to wander out of its enclosure right after the pic. Definitely not one you want to have to try to chase after :eek:
C. fimbriatus pretty.jpg

And one of its cute face!
C. fimbriatus face.jpg

:D

Mysteryavic

Arachnosquire
Love them love them love them!! I'm looking to get 3 diversipes and purpurea soon for x mas! It's are so inspiring! Hope all goes well with them and wish me luck on getting mine!!

Matt

PeaceBee

Arachnoknight
Love them love them love them!! I'm looking to get 3 diversipes and purpurea soon for x mas! It's are so inspiring! Hope all goes well with them and wish me luck on getting mine!!

Matt
Thanks! I'm excited to finally be able to share with everyone :) I've been on an Avic kick myself lately. The diversipes are beautiful and one of mine have molted so far (the other two are a couple weeks behind now, lol). Thanks, and good luck! Everyone should have a collection of super fuzzies :)

Mysteryavic

Arachnosquire
Would love to see more pics! Also u opinion on ease of care and the like. I have raised a few avics, paslamos and poeci. I'd assume I'd have little trouble with them however I alwase worry about them.

Matt

PeaceBee

Arachnoknight
Would love to see more pics! Also u opinion on ease of care and the like. I have raised a few avics, paslamos and poeci. I'd assume I'd have little trouble with them however I alwase worry about them.

Matt
It took me a bit to get the feel of caring for the tiny Avic slings, but mostly just give water as needed on moss and leaves and otherwise lots of cross ventilation. The A. diversipes slings I had trouble getting to feed at first and I had to wiggle cricket legs for them, but now they're eating prekilled fine. I still check on them constantly since I lost an A. diversipes sling early in the year which made me a little paranoid. Lol. More pics to come for sure! :)

PeaceBee

Arachnoknight
I seem to have a knack for catching the cute faces. A friend who used to be horrified by my pics on Facebook now shares them, saying I make them seem like kitty cats ;)

Cute A. purpurea face (back when it was smaller) :)

"Feed meeee!" :3

PeaceBee

Arachnoknight
I was having trouble sleeping last night, so I got a few more pics :)

A. avicularia. This T is super sweet and docile. Hopefully will get a molt eventually so I can determine gender definitively. :)
A. avic flowers.jpg

A second A. diversipes sling finally molted yesterday. Hopefully the third will follow. Took a pic of the molt for friends to see just how super tiny they are!
A. diversipes molt.jpg

My little versi! It is in premolt but pretty as ever :) Pic turned out a little blurry, though ><
A. versi.jpg

This is my H. arizonensis, the only scorp I have. He's SOOOOO ANGRYYYY!!! :mad:
H. arizonensis.jpg

I'm going to be adding a LOT of sand to the scorp's substrate, by the way. It's not very burrow-friendly at the moment :( But will be, soon!

PeaceBee

Arachnoknight
Nice pics, I want to see MORE!! You do have a good eye for the camera!
Thanks!!! I need to fiddle around with camera settings. I've been in death-by-math mode in an intersession class and haven't found time. Here are a few older pics, though! :D

Really blurry pic of my P. metallica right after its last molt. It's in premolt now and I can't wait to get new (better) pics! :D
Pmetpostmolt.jpg

My P. regalis molted who knows when, but a couple weeks ago I finally saw new pokietoes peeking out at me! :) Still being reclusive, though!
Pokie molt 12-5-13.jpg

This is Shiva, one of my two giant African millis :)
Milli 11-6-13.jpg

And her with my smaller milli :D
New Milli.jpg

Another pic of an A. diversipes sling. I love this species so!
A. diversipes 10-29-13.jpg

Some of these were taken with my phone, hence cruddy quality. :p

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A. diversipes are awesome looking. Candy-store T's ! All the best, Jen!

PeaceBee

Arachnoknight
A. diversipes are awesome looking. Candy-store T's ! All the best, Jen!
Thanks, Jan! That is the best description of them for sure!
Here are a couple pics of my A. versicolor that molted yesterday!

Versi omg blue away.jpg

And one closer up. That blue is so awesome!

Versi omg blue.jpg

This one will be rehoused once it is safe to do so :)

PeaceBee

Arachnoknight
A. diversipes. This one turned out kind of funky and cool :)
Diversipes macro.jpg

My G. rosea Persephone molted a couple weeks ago :)
Sitting in odd positions after molting!
Persephone postmolt 12-30-13.jpg

And today she had her first meal. The way she nommed it resulted in the cricket's ovipositor sticking up between her fangs. "Do I have something in my teefs?"
Persephone something in your teeth.jpg

A. versicolor having a nom :)
A. versi outside.jpg

PeaceBee

Arachnoknight
Just a quick update. I got more critters! :)

I've always wanted a vinegaroon!

I got a little flower mantis (should be C. gemmatus). She's photogenic :)

And so tiny! Random cat hair courtesy of Nano the kittymonster.

All my A. diversipes molted :)

As did my P. metallica! Looks male to me (by molt)

And finally, a pic of my subadult female A. chalcodes. This will be my first species to breed :D

Bender

Arachnopeon
Nice pics! Your diversipes looks really cool, and I like the blue flowers with the p metallica; good idea using blue :)

PeaceBee

Arachnoknight
Nice pics! Your diversipes looks really cool, and I like the blue flowers with the p metallica; good idea using blue :)
Thanks! Everyone should own diversipes :) Their coloration from molt to molt is just fantastic!
The P. metallica's enclosure was really fun to put together. It's all webbed up now, but here is what it looked like initially!

A water dish and some moss were added after the pic was taken. :)

thistle

Arachnopeon
Beautiful pics. I especially love the one with the little mantis sitting on your thumb.