For the Latrodectus lovers.

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is a little somethin somethin from Peru. Not sure if this is Latrodectus curacaviensis or a mactans morph.. there is a little debate as to what species these are, but I think they are curacaviensis. There are some features that really point toward curacaviensis. I'll be breeding these :) Enjoy!

Here is the habitat it is found in.

And here is a spider in situ.

And here is a spider not in situ. I know they are venomous ... just in case you feel the need to educate me ;) Anyone who has seen my other posts should know that doesn't bother me :)

Saludos from Peru!

Josh

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, update, one laid an egg sac last night and another already has a sac... so babies will be hatching soon enough :)

Last edited:

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow, this beauty tops even L. bishopi! I'd love to have some of these myself!

pitbulllady

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hopefully we will get our permits soon to be able to export captive bred stock soon. These may be in the states soon enough.

cantthinkofone

Arachnodemon
i thought all peru export was illegal or of the sort? not that i wouldnt mind a couple of these in the states but getting here legal would be top priority. beautiful spiders by the way :)

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We are in the process of getting permits that will allow us to legally export just about any secies from Peru as long as it is captive bred.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
We are in the process of getting permits that will allow us to legally export just about any secies from Peru as long as it is captive bred.
Does this include captive hatched? Did you actually pair these girls or were they collected gravid?

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These were not paired by me. They were already gravid when I caught them, which is VERY VERY common for the Latrodectus genus. And yes, captive hatched does fall into the category of things we can export.

NGLepine

Arachnosquire
If they're anything like the Hesperus, be prepared for many sacs hahaha. My girl seems to drop a sac after EVERY feeding. Pretty insane! I'm giving the clutch I have right now to the Royal Alberta Museum, and I have 2 more sacs!!!

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
Wow... What a beauty. Thanks for the pics, hope to see these in the states soon. Would love to get my hands on some. :}

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Widowman, we are planning on getting legal export of this species, so pray that everything goes as planned :)

God bless!

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Wow... What a beauty. Thanks for the pics, hope to see these in the states soon. Would love to get my hands on some. :}
I heard that one! Certainly gives our pedestrian models a run for the money.