Cant get temp above 26C (78F?)

VaanBasch

Arachnopeon
ExoTerra 18x18x18 , 50 watt heat pad attached to temp regulating control set to 20C max , 150 ceramic heat emitter cuts out at 32C warms tank only to 26C ( can adjust up to 40C) ....Hygro reads 67-82 depending placement in tank and fan pulse speed. Is this within acceptability for some L.P Slings ? ... if not any tricks to fix some things ? ( I run indoor climate control systems as a career so nothing you can say is lost on me, Im just not king of small spaces)

Last edited:

JZC

Arachnobaron
I hope you aren't putting a bunch of slings in the tank together? Heating isn't really necessary.

VaanBasch

Arachnopeon
Oh no not loose , just its easier for me to control humidity in a tank like that ... and ensures no drafts etc

peterUK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
WOW !! Thats hot. Anything over 75F and I open the door, turn the oscillating fan up and the extractor fan on !!

At the moment my temps are hovering around 71F which is perfect for me and the spiders :)

ClosetCollector

Arachnosquire
ExoTerra 18x18x18 , 50 watt heat pad attached to temp regulating control set to 20C max , 150 ceramic heat emitter cuts out at 32C warms tank only to 26C ( can adjust up to 40C) ....Hygro reads 67-82 depending placement in tank and fan pulse speed. Is this within acceptability for some L.P Slings ? ... if not any tricks to fix some things ? ( I run indoor climate control systems as a career so nothing you can say is lost on me, Im just not king of small spaces)
You do not need any of that for your babies, its way overkill and unnecessary...Here is all you need to know...

http://people.ucalgary.ca/~schultz/Temperature.html

http://people.ucalgary.ca/~schultz/Caresheets.html

http://people.ucalgary.ca/~schultz/Humidity.html

Tarantulaking

Arachnopeon
Anu temp comfortable to you is good fo your t there resilient creatures and adapt very well at a number of different temps they will be more active when its warm less active in the cold but as soon as they warm up they eat more and are more active grow faster but also die faster aswell I wanted take ajy desperate measures to heat the tank

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added 01-14-2014 at 04:44 PM ----------

Oh no not loose , just its easier for me to control humidity in a tank like that ... and ensures no drafts etc
Anu temp comfortable to you is good fo your t. there resilient creatures and adapt very well at a number of different temps. they will be more active when its warm less active in the cold but as soon as they warm up they eat more and are more active grow faster but also die faster aswell. I wouldnt take any desperate measures to heat the tank.

---------- Post added 01-14-2014 at 04:46 PM ----------

Anu temp comfortable to you is good fo your t there resilient creatures and adapt very well at a number of different temps they will be more active when its warm less active in the cold but as soon as they warm up they eat more and are more active grow faster but also die faster aswell I wouldn't take any desperate measures to heat the tank

---------- Post added 01-14-2014 at 04:48 PM ----------

Anu temp comfortable to you is good fo your t there resilient creatures and adapt very well at a number of different temps they will be more active when its warm less active in the cold but as soon as they warm up they eat more and are more active grow faster but also die faster aswell I wouldnt take any desperate measures to heat the tank

---------- Post added 01-14-2014 at 04:46 PM ----------

Big Red TJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Room temps are fine L. Para are very easy to keep. Actually a garbage can they eat like pigs.