cheap container

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bought couple of 5.5 quart sterlite containers from walmart today 3.77 plus tax they seem pretty decent for juvi T's and possibly adults as well, the lids secure good and easy remove also , heres a little mod I did to them, not best pics but you get idea cut the rectangular raised up areas out, and melted some screen wire mesh in , works better than hot glue want fall out pic there of what used to melt with

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I use very similar containers for my Slings/Juvies, i burn/drill holes in the side/lids and does brilliant. Cheap/durable containers are the way to go, T's/scorps don't care as long as its a good/suitable home.

Edit, I DONT use wire mesh/any mesh, for me i burn many holes around it, especially for plastic containers, not saying mesh doesn't work i just dont want to risk my T's legs/abdomen/body getting stuck etc.

Last edited:

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use very similar containers for my Slings/Juvies, i burn/drill holes in the side/lids and does brilliant. Cheap/durable containers are the way to go, T's/scorps don't care as long as its a good/suitable home.
Yeah I like play around with applying screen to containers drilling alot faster forsure and just as affective . yeah I bet T's dont know just how good captive life is lol

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Yeah I like play around with applying screen to containers drilling alot faster forsure and just as affective . yeah I bet T's dont know just how good captive life is lol
I done an edit to the wire mesh, but yes T's/scorps in CB care get an easier life with the right home.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I love those containers! Unfortunately my walmarts around here quit selling them. So the ones i have, i have a death grip on lol. I drill 1/8" holes in the ends just below the lid line. Then stack em until they reach the sky!

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love those containers! Unfortunately my walmarts around here quit selling them. So the ones i have, i have a death grip on lol. I drill 1/8" holes in the ends just below the lid line. Then stack em until they reach the sky!
I seen some at another walmart while back that where deeper than these yeah I do my fair share of drilling to lol never get away from that and by far easier I just passing time today.

---------- Post added 01-29-2014 at 09:04 PM ----------

Edit, I DONT use wire mesh/any mesh, for me i burn many holes around it, especially for plastic containers, not saying mesh doesn't work i just dont want to risk my T's legs/abdomen/body getting stuck etc.
Mark a person can never be to cautious when it comes to these wonderful creatures

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
That's very true, Thats exactly the reason why i DONT use wire mesh etc, is cause T's sometimes like to climb and when mesh is around they can/will get stuck, better to burn/drill some holes than rescuing your T. Better safe than sorry.

ClosetCollector

Arachnosquire
I use the Sterilite 3.75-Gallon (15-Quart) Latch Storage Box, they are about 4 bucks each and they are amazing for stacking.

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
I have some of those. I like that the lids latch on. I am afraid to use the ones that the lids just kind of snap into place. Very nice job. Lucky spider. :)