G. rosea Sling Update

QSCrow

Arachnopeon
So a while back I mentioned that my recently purchased G. rosea (the half-off Black Friday Special) had laid a sac. I haven't had time to update until now but I have some cool pics to share. The sac wasn't really well made and was lopsided, incredibly thin on the bottom and stuck to the bottom of the tank when I pulled it. Only about half the eggs looked OK, maybe 50 or so. Of those only 22 hatched into eggs with legs. This last week 17 of those 22 reached their pre-instar phase (?).

If anyone can expand on the development stages of this species I'd love to have some more details.

Anyhow PICS! I used Rob C's pantyhose method - I only had a pair of green striped ones from the old club days.

Jan. 28th - Eggs with legs!
Jan 28th Ts.jpg

Feb. 16th - First stage.
Feb16 Ts.jpg

I'll try to update once they get to the first molt stage.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Nice! What luck hood yet bad :s ..you going to be keeping them all or selling them?

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk

QSCrow

Arachnopeon
I ended up with 15 healthy slings, already have good homes for 2. One will be a surprise gift for a friend of mine who's rosie died a few months back after she had her for 12 years. I'll be selling most of them but will keep my favorites. :)

All of them have just reached their first molt but one, Mopar is coming in dead last.