Kat's Photo Thread

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
Just decided to make a Photo thread.
Currently have: A. avic, P. irminia, P. regalis, and P. murinus [Myrrah, Skorge, Bernie, and Baird in respective order]

To get/Wishlist: P. metallica [would have one if they weren't so gosh darn expensive], B. smithi, T. violaceus, P. Parvula, L. violaceopes, P. ornata, wait, lets just go with ALL tarantulas. yes that sounds good. Line the walls with them.

Camera: Canon EOS REBEL T2i

If I am doing something wrong in any of my photos, please tell me. [but do it nicely, please] I'm eager to learn and I want to be sure that any mistakes I make are corrected!

My P. irminia, Skorge.

I asked him if he wanted a buggy. No. No he did not want a buggy.

P. Regalis, Bernie
The jungle mix is a temp thing, getting her eco earth tomorrow

P. murinus, Baird.

My A. avic, Myrrah. My first tarantula and she's just been a joy. Recently moved her to a 5g vertical.

Caught this RIGHT as she was done molting, so it was still soft.

TheaSpider

Arachnopeon
Oh goodness your P. murinus is adorable. I wish mine was still that size. Lovely photos.

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
Oh goodness your P. murinus is adorable. I wish mine was still that size. Lovely photos.
Thank you!
Yeah, right after that first photo he just disappeared and I just said "...where is spider" and he had gotten out of the deli cup and 2 feet away in a matter of seconds. Little turd!

TheaSpider

Arachnopeon
Thank you!
Yeah, right after that first photo he just disappeared and I just said "...where is spider" and he had gotten out of the deli cup and 2 feet away in a matter of seconds. Little turd!
They really are fast. My P. murinus girl is the only one of my T's I would consider aggressive rather than defensive, she's got a lot of personality. I'm pretty sure if she got out she would take over the world through sheer tenacity. She is also my only T housed in a non-display tank because she is a bit too keen to escape and will rush the door of my display tanks. Went for security over looks for her housing needs. I'm glad your little one didn't disappear for good! I don't think I'd like even a small P murinus loose in my house.

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
So, I ended up finding some ancient eco earth in my closet and set up a more suitable home for my P. regalis.
I took her out and just planned on putting the fern she was on in the jug... yeah that didn't happen. I got some photos before I started putting her in there and she went NYOOOM up the fern, the tongs, and then up my arm. I had to cup her in my hand to keep her from going across my back where I couldn't get her. She wasn't acting defensive, didn't give me a warning, and didn't bite me at all so I'm going to call that a good thing.
Got her in my hand, took a photo, and then put her in the jug.

She is just precious. Especially when she flattened out on my shirt sleeve. She was just thinking "you can't see meeeeee"

---------- Post added 02-26-2014 at 08:46 PM ----------

Gave Myrrah a roach and took a few photos.

and here are my current tarantulas on top of my Steppe Runner enclosure, they share his heat.

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire

Crappy cell phone pic, but my A. avic is finally starting to web in her new enclosure.

and my OBT has made a nice little home for himself

Last edited:

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
My A. avic cleaning her toes

She was actually posed like THIS before cleaning her toes and I thought she was going into a death curl, it scared the bajeezus out of me!

My OBT Baird has got some cool webbing going on. He's my biggest webber so far and I'm really excited for the webbing he will do as he grows older.

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
New enclosures I worked on and finished! Much easier than those bulky jars and Baird doesn't freak out now when I open the new one.

Skorge has already webbed himself in! I think he might actually be in a premolt right now. No idea how he got all that eco earth on top of his webbing.
IMG_6559.jpg

Here is the OBT's container now. I dug him a little area under the bark to get him started a little bit. Weirdly enough, he was the EASIEST of these three to rehouse! I ended up grabbing his entire webbed burrow, setting it half inside the new container, and just tickled him out. He was just "what the hell are you doi-Oh... OHHH this is niiiiicceee" and he just walked out with no problem.
_MG_6537.jpg

This is my roach. There are many like it. But this one is mine.
IMG_6555.jpg

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Outstanding Kat, that's an incredible shot! :D

And I love this one!

Last edited:

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
Thank you very much! ;;

Just got in this GBB from Jamie's Tarantulas, precious tiny baby.

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
Everyone has been hiding lately so I really only have new photos of the GBB

P. regalis, suspected male

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
There is going to be a LOT of Jacinto [GBB] photos on here because no one comes out of their burrows, lol

Skorge, P. irminia, 99% sure it's a female.
Out for the first time since I transferred to the new cubes!

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
Kryll, the new girl.
Short story: Dropped off/abandoned at petco because she bit the kid and the parents didn't know tarantulas could bite. Kept in a SWAMP of an enclosure. They didn't know she was a G. rosea. $10. How could I resist?

Drank for almost seven minutes when I first put her in the KK. Poor girlie!