Wine glasses?

Micrathena

Arachnoknight
Has anyone tried this? I'm thinking with a small invert, preferably one that burrows. Maybe an ant lion larva? Maybe a baby trapdoor spider, but I do not know anything about their care. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? I just love the shape of a wine glass, but I have yet to try this.

loganhopeless

Arachnosquire
I like the idea of an Ant Lion! Mostly because they can't climb. And wine glasses would still be pretty shallow for a trapdoor spider. I would suggest the wine glasses that don't have a big stem. More like where it's just the glass. It would be more stable than a top heavy wine glass with it full of substrate. Good luck! Let us know if you do it:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Micrathena

Arachnoknight
Yeah, I figured it might be too small for a trapdoor spider. I will certainly try this, with some invert, but not until spring. Can pseudoscorpions climb glass?

RzezniksRunAway

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Craft stores sometimes have those giant wine glasses, a native pede would be cool. I used to do betta fish in them, hydor makes a combo filter heater that fits in them and can be easily disguised.

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Do raise an Antlion nymph... the adults are really cool! Here's mine:

Using a wine glass is a neat idea. :happy:

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Do you just catch yours outside?
This one I did. I had been watching/feeding a nymph that had a huge pit. One day I saw the adult hanging onto grass right next to the pit. Captured it, photographed it, and returned it to the grass. Very calm and cool adult.

loganhopeless

Arachnosquire
This one I did. I had been watching/feeding a nymph that had a huge pit. One day I saw the adult hanging onto grass right next to the pit. Captured it, photographed it, and returned it to the grass. Very calm and cool adult.
I try catching them if I find them here.. Can you pm me pics of the enclosure and tell me care please? :)

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
I try catching them if I find them here.. Can you pm me pics of the enclosure and tell me care please? :)
I didn't "keep" either one. The nymph had a pit right outside my back door. Easy to observe and feed. The adult I released immediately after taking pics. I've never kept either in captivity. (they are so common here, easily observed in their natural habitat)

loganhopeless

Arachnosquire
I think it would also be awesome in like a lantern or a decorative flower vase:) or like a hanging thing. Haha!

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
I think it would also be awesome in like a lantern or a decorative flower vase:) or like a hanging thing. Haha!
That's actually a cool idea as well. Going to look around and see what I have. I'll probably start a new thread on this, since I don't want to hijack Micrathena's thread. :eek:

CupcakeRosea

Arachnosquire
I think I would be terrified that someone living with me would dump out the glass and put it in the dishwasher, lol.

Really cool idea, I can picture an ant lion living in one for sure.