Help me pick my next scorpion to fit these conditions

ihateloggingin

Arachnopeon
Hi, I have successfully kept my emperor for about 6 months now, thanks to the helpful info on this board. I am now ready to move up to my next species. I want something that does not require any special lighting or heating. I want either 1 or 2 and they are going to go in a 10 gallon tank. I want something that is very agressive, active, entertaining, fun to watch ect. Preferable I dont not want to keep a HOT species due to the risks involved, and since I can get the same characteristics with out the lethal sting. Please tell me what species fits the above descrition best. And will they get along with eachother if i get 2 or will i need a divider.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
id say get a wild caught Heterometrus species,
as these are generally VERY aggressive compared to most emperors

Critterfarm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
C. gracilis fits the bill perfectly. You can have more than 2 of these in a 10 gallon tank with no divider as well.

B. jacksoni is another possibility, though some people claim they are hot.

Hottentotta sp. (trilineatus pet trade) would be good as well, though they may be hot depending on the true species.

There are many more that would work, but these 3 are ones I can reccomend first hand.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i dont think h.trilineatus would be a good 2nd scorp, theyre very touchy, so one wrong move and your nailed,

go for a scorp that at least gives a warning before striking

ihateloggingin

Arachnopeon
After looking around I leaning towards the Hadrurus species preferably arizonensis. What is the best substrate for housing this specials, and the best things to include in its habitat. And will two get along. Encase i get plan on getting another scorpion (different species) if this one does fine, what will/will not get along with this species, thanks.....i wouldnt want to put 2 together and have em tear eachother apart.

darrelldlc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If hadrurus does not work out, I recommend Centruroides vitattus, they are communal like c. gracilis and depending on your locale may be easy to find. although a smaller species the different color morphs are colorful. and they are not considered to be too hot.
DLC.

ihateloggingin

Arachnopeon
Out of curiosity, would it do fine with just 2 inches or so of sand, or does it have to have 4-6" in order to burrow.

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'd defintely recommend Hadrurus arizonensis, this was the second species i kept, they are active, beautiful (and big) and great to watch hunt. They also are one of the less nervous species so don't run to their burrow when you move while watching them. I keep mine in 20cm of sand/coconut fibre they really like to burrow, but it would probably cope with 2 inches. The sting hurts a fair bit but they are not a hot species.