Post up your M. balfouri setups (communal ones are a plus!)

RS4guy

Arachnosquire
I am taking on 4-5 slings in a few weeks and would like to see your setups for inspiration. I will be keeping them communally for the duration of their lives.

Many thanks!

Mindibun

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd like to plus one this request. M balfouri is next on my want list and I'd like to see some set-ups. (Communal is neither required nor desired!)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Search google and you'll find the greatest communal vivarium with DETAILED records for this species ever posted on the net. It's on another t site.

dante ferrari

Arachnopeon
I dont think putting them together is a good idea because M.balfouri T's are very expensive so if one dies because of another one biting it there will be a real unhappy look on your face:cry:

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dante, you do realize that M. balfouri are one of the best tarantulas to keep communal
right?

dante ferrari

Arachnopeon
Oh sorry I did not know that tkanks for the advice now ill maybe put my M.balfouris in the same enclosure.But can I also keep them in the same enclosure if they are mature???

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Man i want some of these so bad! They act like hymenopterans, with how they cooperate, passing excavated sub from spider-to spider, alot like a chain-gang :D

(well, minus the whole racism and slavery bit) I wonder, is the largest female the one that calls all the shots? Like.. a queen, dare I suggest?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You do realize that once the slings are seperated, its best not to put them back together, or more than likely they will eat eachother.

M. balfouri mother and slings. There are around 40 slings in there, and very hard to get pictures of. When the enclosure is opened, they all run like crazy looking for places to hide.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The 'infant' enclosure for a communal of four. 13"L x 9"W x 6"H. They lived in here from 0.75" slings until the male matured and the females ranged between 3.5 and 4.5" dls.

The three females moved into this 10 gallon seven weeks ago.

After about five weeks of balfourization.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Love that enclosure, Joyce! At least you'll get to see the quite some, I suspect? Hope it all keeps going well with the girls not starting to get cranky at each other :D