Beetle takeover?

Oddballrunt

Arachnopeon
So I'm changing my Rosea over to a cage more suitable for a terrestrial species. I'm getting ready to clean and prep the old tank and I see this. Anyone ever seen this? Any idea what it is or how it got there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oddballrunt

Arachnopeon
Well this is embarrassing lol. I forgot at one point I did. I found my T didn't like them obviously. Well look who is all grown up haha. Cool beans lol thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Was going to say the same about using meal-superworms.

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's a superworm (Zophobas morio) beetle.

Buggidy

Arachnopeon
This might be a horribly stupid question, but would it be safe to feed your T a superworm beetle? Just curious.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
This might be a horribly stupid question, but would it be safe to feed your T a superworm beetle? Just curious.
Yea they're fine to feed, although I've only got my Lasiodora itabunae that will actually take them others slap them away. They also produce a foul smell that may turn certain tarantulas off, my LI loves them though.

StigKH

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately in my country , mealworm is the most commonly used feeder. Roaches are illegal to breed and crickets are tiresome to take breed. Too bad for t's in my country for not liking mealworm too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk