Just felt like sharing my first T and his unexpected buddy!

scarhbar

Arachnopeon
Alright, I'll put the video up first, but just be warned, I didn't do any commentary, because I got so jumbled up when I opening my Ts (I was pretty excited haha), so I guess enjoy the music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar469tTXhXQ&list=UUq2KPVl-hWtYrhkL7JG-i8w

Alright, as you can see from the video, I got an A. Geniculata from Swift Inverts and I couldn't be happier :) He/she is a cute little thing at only 1.5"! As I'm sitting here typing this, it seems to have dug out like half the dang enclosure haha. I can't wait to look back to this video once this thing gets gigantic.

But the unexpected guest is kind of a funny story. Right before I purchased the A. Geniculata, I kept telling my wife that Swift Inverts had freebie T's and that 2 T's would be no different than 1. But her response was always "You don't need 2. You should be happy with one" and if I tried discussing it with her I'd get the "I'm-gonna-kill-you-if-you-get-2" look. :mask: So I agreed not to get more. Then my order came and on the receipt, and it listed my T as well as a freebie. I told my wife right away that I seriously didn't order a freebie quite a few times, and she gave me that look again :mask: But when we opened up the 1" freebie (B. albopilosum) my wife totally fell in love with it :D She's not mad at all, and really wants to keep it. She's named it and everything haha.

But ya, I can't wait to see both the T's grow, and hopefully I got my wife into the hobby now! Just thought I'd share with you guys, because I try and share on Facebook and people freak out ha

loganhopeless

Arachnosquire
I love the video! Congrats on getting the T. And congrats on getting lucky with your wife being alright with the second one! :p I would recommend that your T is big enough for a water dish. Just like a soda bottle cap. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSA8

Arachnopeon
That's why I buy the T's and THEN tell the wife about them. At that point, it's too late for her to give the "You better not do that" look.

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That's why I buy the T's and THEN tell the wife about them. At that point, it's too late for her to give the "You better not do that" look.
its better to ask for forgiveness than permission!haha

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Kelly is a great guy. FYI albos will eat A LOT and frequently. Mine has easily eaten 5 crickets at once many times. One time it at a dozen in 2-3 days. Good beginner T

lankfordjl

Arachnopeon
Haha. Exactly! I ordered 3 Ts online. My wife found out about them while I was looking for small enclosures at the store. She was mad at first, but realized that this is normal behavior for me; she married an invertebrate obsessed guy.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Alright, I'll put the video up first, but just be warned, I didn't do any commentary, because I got so jumbled up when I opening my Ts (I was pretty excited haha), so I guess enjoy the music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar469tTXhXQ&list=UUq2KPVl-hWtYrhkL7JG-i8w

Alright, as you can see from the video, I got an A. Geniculata from Swift Inverts and I couldn't be happier :) He/she is a cute little thing at only 1.5"! As I'm sitting here typing this, it seems to have dug out like half the dang enclosure haha. I can't wait to look back to this video once this thing gets gigantic.

But the unexpected guest is kind of a funny story. Right before I purchased the A. Geniculata, I kept telling my wife that Swift Inverts had freebie T's and that 2 T's would be no different than 1. But her response was always "You don't need 2. You should be happy with one" and if I tried discussing it with her I'd get the "I'm-gonna-kill-you-if-you-get-2" look. :mask: So I agreed not to get more. Then my order came and on the receipt, and it listed my T as well as a freebie. I told my wife right away that I seriously didn't order a freebie quite a few times, and she gave me that look again :mask: But when we opened up the 1" freebie (B. albopilosum) my wife totally fell in love with it :D She's not mad at all, and really wants to keep it. She's named it and everything haha.

But ya, I can't wait to see both the T's grow, and hopefully I got my wife into the hobby now! Just thought I'd share with you guys, because I try and share on Facebook and people freak out ha

Cool T vid..meant to say...w/that size T and container, I'd put in a water bowl, use a 16 oz bottle cap from a water bottle.

CreepyCrawlies

Arachnosquire
Does anyone know if ken ever does any freebies? I'm getting ready to order about five Ts from him. Just need to know whether I should keep a spare enclosure handy. :)

litebritedeath

Arachnopeon
Pretty sure ken always does freebies. I recieved a chubby little curly hair that was over an inch as a freebie and love the little guy/girl.

scarhbar

Arachnopeon
I love the video! Congrats on getting the T. And congrats on getting lucky with your wife being alright with the second one! :p I would recommend that your T is big enough for a water dish. Just like a soda bottle cap. Good luck!

Yep! Actually there was one in the kit from Jaime's tarantulas that is just as wide as a bottle cap, but slightly shallower! I think it will be perfect!

---------- Post added 03-19-2014 at 08:08 PM ----------

Smart advice! "But babe, I swear, the dealer must have put this P. Metallica in here by accident! I only ordered the Avic!"

---------- Post added 03-19-2014 at 08:10 PM ----------

Kelly is a great guy. FYI albos will eat A LOT and frequently. Mine has easily eaten 5 crickets at once many times. One time it at a dozen in 2-3 days. Good beginner T
I was actually kind of worried that they wouldn't eat much at all, but it seems they almost eat as much as my genic :)

---------- Post added 03-19-2014 at 08:11 PM ----------

Haha. Exactly! I ordered 3 Ts online. My wife found out about them while I was looking for small enclosures at the store. She was mad at first, but realized that this is normal behavior for me; she married an invertebrate obsessed guy.

My wife knows this, but still gets mad when I do it ha.

---------- Post added 03-19-2014 at 08:14 PM ----------

Cool T vid..meant to say...w/that size T and container, I'd put in a water bowl, use a 16 oz bottle cap from a water bottle.
The T is about 1.5" (sorry, idk about centimeters) and the cage is a Juvenile Terrestrial cage from Jaime's Tarantulas (Online). I want to say its about 4"x4"x6"?

---------- Post added 03-19-2014 at 08:15 PM ----------

Congrats and getting a little off topic but what's the song in the vid
Thank you! And it is called "South Side"- by Moby. Idk what made me choose it! Techno didn't work well, and Spanish guitar was a little odd for an unboxing video

litebritedeath

Arachnopeon
Some might not know but Kelly Swift is still recovering from a devastating fire that took a ton of his animals and family mementos. That's reason enough to buy from him now and again to help him get back to full speed!

---------- Post added 03-19-2014 at 11:05 PM ----------

All my "kens" were meant to be "Kelly" lol.

scarhbar

Arachnopeon
Some might not know but Kelly Swift is still recovering from a devastating fire that took a ton of his animals and family mementos. That's reason enough to buy from him now and again to help him get back to full speed!

Ya, I heard about that a whole ago. He's such a nice guy to still be doing freebies after all that!

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Pretty sure ken always does freebies. I recieved a chubby little curly hair that was over an inch as a freebie and love the little guy/girl.
I ordered from ken and didn't get a freebie. huh. I don't think he does ALWAYS.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Yes that is very true!

Ya, I heard about that a whole ago. He's such a nice guy to still be doing freebies after all that!

He's the greatest I think. He's always been SUPER HELPFUL with me, especially in the beginning when I first started out and had a lot of questions! I offered him all my females for free, and he wouldn't accept one of them. He's a stand up guy and businessman too.

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Ah, the freebie was a Curly hair. Lovely. Have one myself, now about an inch. Should call it 'Dozer', always digging up everything in sight and burying her water cap in the process. :)

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
That is a gorgeous sling. I really want an A. Geniculata now haha.

I have never bought from swifts inverts but they sound decent.

That's how it always starts out. You get one or two then the next thing you know you have 9 or 8 lol