Potential Purchases

awiec

Arachnoprince
Hi I am thinking about purchasing some if not all of the following species:
Oligoxystre diamantinensis
Avicularia Geroldi (I have an Avic and all of their care seems very similar)
Encyrocratella olivacea
Heterothele gabonensis
Holothele Tachira ( I have a pumpkin patch so can I assume care is similar?)
kochiana brunnipes
Metriopelma zebratum
Selenocosminae arndsti
Cyriocosmus ritae
Cyriocosmus sellatus

I have researched basic care and attitude but of course the internet can be unreliable so would like to hear from people who have had hands on experience with them or related genus members. I have a collection of OW,NW and dwarfs that includes pokies, avics, baboons,taps and some of the big SA species so I feel I can handle taking care of them. I would be grateful for any advice and stories.

SeanSYW

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Man, I'm not sure about the states, but up here in Canada E. olivacea is really hard to come by. If only...

awiec

Arachnoprince
Man, I'm not sure about the states, but up here in Canada E. olivacea is really hard to come by. If only...
It's a pricey sling but I really shouldn't filch cause I did drop some big bucks on p.metallica, but most of the stuff on the list is 30-40 so I'm not going too crazy with the budget.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In America theirs a ton of E. olivacea. I love America, anyway you can get them approx. 75 dollars. I have two girls and their worth it. My favorite baboon :) Nice list by the way, those are some good buys.

awiec

Arachnoprince
In America theirs a ton of E. olivacea. I love America, anyway you can get them approx. 75 dollars. I have two girls and their worth it. My favorite baboon :) Nice list by the way, those are some good buys.
Thanks, I try to go for stuff with personality or is interesting. Currently I'm all about dwarfs, they have some spunk to them.

LordWaffle

Arachnobaron
E olivacea is pretty easy to find here in the states, they range from 60-75 on average it seems. I was lucky, I won 6 in the raffle at the Arachnogathering this last weekend, so yay for that. Lovely spiders, can't wait to watch them grow.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
E olivacea is pretty easy to find here in the states, they range from 60-75 on average it seems. I was lucky, I won 6 in the raffle at the Arachnogathering this last weekend, so yay for that. Lovely spiders, can't wait to watch them grow.
They have great appetites and grow fast. Also love to spin.

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had someone from SA contact me recently about trading Oligoxystre in exchange for slings, still not sure though

awiec

Arachnoprince
I had someone from SA contact me recently about trading Oligoxystre in exchange for slings, still not sure though
They seem like mini-gbb but like it a little more moist. I have only ready scientific papers on them so I will just have to adjust as I go if I decide to get one.

prairiepanda

Arachnoknight
I have Cyriocosmus elegans, and have had C ritae and C perezmilesi. The C ritae is a bit different from other Cyriocosmus spp., as they tend to be less fossorial when they start to mature. Most cyriocosmus sp. can be expected to be underground most of the time, and C ritae does this as slings. When they start to get bigger, they start building elaborate webs on the surface and utilize regular burrows rather than elaborate tunnel systems. C perezmilesi tends to do the same. C elegans, however, remains fossorial and likes to rearrange its tunnel networks often. I've never had C sellatus, but I would expect it to adhere to one of these two patterns. Note that all Cyriocosmus tend to be fully fossorial as slings, so if you're getting a sling then definitely give it lots of room to dig.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I have Cyriocosmus elegans, and have had C ritae and C perezmilesi. The C ritae is a bit different from other Cyriocosmus spp., as they tend to be less fossorial when they start to mature. Most cyriocosmus sp. can be expected to be underground most of the time, and C ritae does this as slings. When they start to get bigger, they start building elaborate webs on the surface and utilize regular burrows rather than elaborate tunnel systems. C perezmilesi tends to do the same. C elegans, however, remains fossorial and likes to rearrange its tunnel networks often. I've never had C sellatus, but I would expect it to adhere to one of these two patterns. Note that all Cyriocosmus tend to be fully fossorial as slings, so if you're getting a sling then definitely give it lots of room to dig.
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.