So it begins...

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
Yep, I'm doomed to be the crazy reptile AND tarantula lady. I just cannot get enough of these guys!
I've got 14 assorted reptiles. My parents don't even care about the tarantulas. it's great. Got the GBB in this morning and they just asked "another tarantula? oh cool, which one is this?"
if I came home with another snake I'd be in huge trouble

My OBT (Baird) is in his burrow and his abdomen is HUGE and he's refused food for a few days so I'm guessing he's going to molt soon. I actually dug him up because I was worried.
P. irminia (Skorge) has refused food as well and I'm thinking she's headed for a molt. Made a gorgeous web, then mussed it up by throwing dirt on it so I can't see her.
P. regalis, (Bernie) however, munches anything I throw in there! She'd be one obese spider if I let her have her way. Reaaally hope it's a girl. It made a web, but then took after my irminia and put dirt all over it!

I sometimes stay up late just to try and catch a glimpse of them moving around or going for a drink. They are like fuzzy, venomous, pet rocks... with legs!

I have some others on my list, but can't really find anyone local/denver so I could just drive and pick them up and save on shipping. Really love arboreals, but these terrestrials caught my eye, a B. smithi, A. anax, or a P. parvula. Would love a H. lividum but I'll see how I handle the OBT first. Would buy from Scales and Tails but sometimes their T's look rather dehydrated and are more expensive than I see online :/ I might drop by the Rocky Mountain Reptile Expo in May and hope there are some people with tarantulas there.

Just got this little thing in from Jamie's Tarantulas :D Little GBB. Started webbing within half an hour of being put in the cube. Really want to try feeding it noooww but I know I should wait a day or two.

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Just a note, your P.irminia and P.regalis didn't "mess" anything up. Psalmos and Poecs are kind of known for their dirt curtains, it's what they do. :3 Congrats on your new GBB.

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
^ +1.

I just rehoused my P. rufilata and L. violaceopes juvies. The latter wasted no time with the curtain, but my poeci seems comfortable without, which Im happy with. Poecis are simply stunning.

Wildenthusiast

Arachnosquire
Fantastic pictures! Thanks for sharing! Always exciting when the littler critters go into premolt, as the end results are are so stunning to look at. Thinking on getting H. lividum myself, but I'm putting a lot of irons in the fire for breeding as of late, so that will probably come after hatching some things out (Mother Nature being willing, that is).

---------- Post added 03-21-2014 at 06:38 AM ----------

^ +1.

I just rehoused my P. rufilata and L. violaceopes juvies. The latter wasted no time with the curtain, but my poeci seems comfortable without, which Im happy with. Poecis are simply stunning.
Love these species. My LV's are a molt shy of showing any blue. Rufilata is my favorite Pokie. Gotta get my hands on a few of those slings.

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
I just glued the water dishes for my P. irminia and P. regalis near the top of their cubes so I didn't have to go digging for it.
Bernie is now using it to place her bolus in. It's not a trash can young lady/man! Hopefully I can catch the next molt and find out for sure if male/female on everyone.
Hope Baird doesn't eat his... I want it. I might rehydrate it, spread it out, and cast it in some clear resin :D or put it in the small display case I have for my A. avic and emperor scorpions molts.

Medusa

Arachnoknight
I think you're my *real* daughter, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk