Going to attempt a large LP casting

pwilson5

Arachnoknight
well my large MM l parahybana passed away, i had him for approx 7 years and he hooked out almost 2 years ago..

after scouring the interwebs i found Joe's old thread on resin casting so im going to be attempting my hand at preserving my big guy..

stretched out on an 8x11 paper

going to go get the casting resin here in a min and i will update with progress pics

any tips/suggestions? Joe if you could lend any tips or suggestions thatd be awesome (or anyone else familiar with it)

pwilson5

Arachnoknight

ok so due to the weather being cold i had a hard time getting the resin to set up.. it finally has.. but the cast wont come out of my glass dish.. anyone have any suggestions???? id like to get it out without breaking the dish cause i borrowed it from a friend. lol

RPeers

Arachnopeon
A nice way to preserve the memory of an old friend.

Try putting the dish in the freezer for a little while the resin and glass will freeze/thaw at different rates and it might pop out.

Wildenthusiast

Arachnosquire
A nice way to preserve the memory of an old friend.

Try putting the dish in the freezer for a little while the resin and glass will freeze/thaw at different rates and it might pop out.
That's actually a great idea. Wish I had thought to suggest it!

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Sorry for your loss, but I agree with RPeers, what a great way to preserve the memory of an old friend. :)