Grammostola sp. "Concepcion"

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I want to share a couple of photos of my Grammostola sp. "Concepcion".

Grammostola sp. "Concepcion" Female
This female I bought late last year, when I purchased her she molted two weeks prior. I purchased her thru BioQuip.

Grammostola sp. "Concepcion" Spiderling
This baby is the only one I have I purchased he/she a week ago along with her mother. Anyone interested in purchasing slings of this beautiful Genus you can purchase thru BioQuip ask for former Krazy8's Chris Young to help you with your order.

-J

Last edited:

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Really nice spider... thanks for the pictures!

Yentlequible

Arachnoknight
That's one of the prettiest Grammostola that I've ever seen! Definitely going on my "To-Buy" list.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I assume the care is similar to other Grammostola? And is the personality more rosea or pulchripes?

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I assume the care is similar to other Grammostola? And is the personality more rosea or pulchripes?
The care is just like any other Grammostola sp. and personality is as gentle as pulchripes! It's been years since I had adult females and I was glad to pick up four females and one baby of this genus/species. I can tell that there is a little bit of a difference of the baby of this species compare to a rosea or porteri babies. What I see difference on my baby sling "Concepcion" it has a darker carapace and some darker parts on the legs. It is not a solid pink on the carapace or legs like the rosea or porteri, at least from what I can remember what they look like as babies. Cute little spiders!

-J

Last edited:

Wildenthusiast

Arachnosquire
Wasn't aware that Kris was still in the business. Glad to see he found a new place to continue his passion. Great guy. Used to do business with him several years back.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wasn't aware that Kris was still in the business. Glad to see he found a new place to continue his passion. Great guy. Used to do business with him several years back.
I saw him at a Reptile Show in October of last year. I'm sure he has been back at a earlier date though.

-J

Wildenthusiast

Arachnosquire
I saw him at a Reptile Show in October of last year. I'm sure he has been back at a earlier date though.

-J
I'm sure you're right. Just got back into the hobby a few months ago, and was sad to see that his site had been closed. Her was my preferred breeder/dealer in the past. Thanks for the update!
Oh, and that is a beautiful Grammastola. If I wasn't so impatient with the slow growers, I would definitely order a few.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm sure you're right. Just got back into the hobby a few months ago, and was sad to see that his site had been closed. Her was my preferred breeder/dealer in the past. Thanks for the update!
Oh, and that is a beautiful Grammastola. If I wasn't so impatient with the slow growers, I would definitely order a few.
Good luck with your new spiders you have or going to decide to get. Yes, I was also bummed when he closed his site down. I talk to him by phone at least a couple of times a week. I have asked him if he would ever open up his site again he said probably not! Though he has thought about it.... It was from Chris that I bought my 6" inch female moderatum from, believe it or not she was 6" inches. That was a big girl!
Grammostola sp. in general obviously are slow growers but still worth having them specially with the "Concepcion" since it has been years since the last time I have seen them for sale.

-J

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks for the pics. Were the ones you saw years ago look the same as these new ones? I wonder why they were in and out of the hobby?

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the pics. Were the ones you saw years ago look the same as these new ones? I wonder why they were in and out of the hobby?
I do not know why they were out of the hobby for a while. The first female I picked up late last year was sold to me as Grammostola maule. Once I received her and examined her I noticed that she was the Grammostola sp. "Concepcion". I let Chris know of what he had sold me and he checked the rest of the females he had left and also confirmed that they were also Grammostola sp. "Concepcion".
The females I bought from Chris are wild caught. With the exception of the spiderling I purchase thru Chris that is captive born. One of the females had a clutch of babies. Now the mother of those babies is with me as well only one offspring.
Maybe this is one of the problems in the past they were probably around but under a different name. This is just a guess. Yes, the ones I had before are the same as this ones!

-J

Last edited:

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In the photo I provided of the "Concepcion" looks very little. From what Chris said they are at 2nd instar and most of them are at 1/2 inch. I find this babies quite large and leggy. It makes me wonder what size they reach.

-J

Last edited:

Bergrider

Arachnopeon
In the photo I provided of the "Concepcion" looks very little. From what Chris said they are at 2nd instar and most of them are at 1/2 inch. I find this babies quite large and leggy. It makes me wonder what size they reach.

-J
I wondered this as well. They are pretty active and good eaters to. Mine are always out and about. Interesting little slings IMO

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Update:
It has been 2 Years since this CB Grammostola sp. "Concepcion" were born. This babies came from wild caught parents and born in captivity. Hoping for my female to live long enough to mate with one of this babies. Of course if one of them is a male. Will keep you all updated.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Update:
It has been 2 Years since this CB Grammostola sp. "Concepcion" were born. This babies came from wild caught parents and born in captivity. Hoping for my female to live long enough to mate with one of this babies. Of course if one of them is a male. Will keep you all updated.

They certainly are pink when young.