Grub worm pupa question!

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have a grub worm that pupated a few weeks go. I think I know what kind of beetle it will turn in to. It is starting to get a metallic sheen on it so I am thinking "june bug". The cocoon it was in it opened because I didnt know what it was when I found it in my decomposing tank. Anyways, should I turn it upright, upsd down, etc? I want it to hatch out right and dry right and not get stuck so info would be appreciated. Should I bury it in some dirt? When it hatches should I give it an achor point? Thanks!

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What I had done was line the bottom with paper towel, and tape paper towel going up the sides so the emerging beetle can perch and expand its wings properly. The pupae back should be on the ground legs facing upright. Every few days gently mist with water so it doesn't have trouble emerging from the pupal skin, remember in the dirt there is always moisture for this reason.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It hatched out today, everything was off except some on the legs and on the head. I didn't hurt it but I pulled all the excess off, there wasn't any damage. The wings are longer than the 'wing shells' (I have NO idea what it is called). Will it fix itself?