Largest Pokie

2bears

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
From your personal experience which is the larger Pokie, P. Rufilata or P. Ornata ?

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Personally, I have had bigger rufilata, but maybe just a cm or 2 bigger.

gottarantulas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The largest rufilata's that I've come across are more "leggy", lending to their size in length. The "biggest" pokies I've come across are ornata's. They are bulky and relatively thick.

Wildenthusiast

Arachnosquire
The largest rufilata's that I've come across are more "leggy", lending to their size in length. The "biggest" pokies I've come across are ornata's. They are bulky and relatively thick.
Looking forward to seeing the proof of that from the slings you sent me, brick!

gottarantulas

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Me too! As opposed to simply throwing a male and female T together for the purpose of pairing, when I paired my largest female ornata, I actually waited until I had an ideal MM. At the time of pairing, I had a smaller less robust MM that had just matured only 2 weeks prior but, I opted to pair her with a more stockier and colorful (green) MM that I had just acquired from Catfishrod. Coming from years of keeping and breeding lizards, my thinking was I wanted to purposely produce slings that were "chips off the old block" of these two great examples of P.ornata. My huge (8 inch) yellow ornata and a 6 1/2 to 7 inch green (*past ornata males were drab brown) MM. Hopefully, these genetics pan out and as the slings grow they will be reminiscent of either parent T. I know another T enthusiast locally that has a 7 inch MF rufilata that is pretty leggy and even he says that when compared to my 7 1/2 -8 inch ornata, mine is definitely more of a display animal and for that matter definitely more imposing because of her stockiness.

Wildenthusiast

Arachnosquire
Wow...I had no idea when I picked these up. hanks for sharing, brickster! Both the thread and the already impressively colored offspring of your careful pairing.