G. Rosea humidity question

lc0455

Arachnopeon
Hello, this is my first post and I have recently bought my first T. It is a G. Rosea and I had a question about the humidity. I have read from many different sources and care sheets on how to keep humidity in the tank. I have read that you should spray the cage to keep humidity, read that you don't ever need to spray the tank, and I have read that when you fill the water bowl to let it overflow for the tanks humidity. Witch one do you guys recommend? ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS

kanito107

Arachnosquire
Roseas don't need a humid environment. The dryer the better.
Unless you have a sling.
But if it's a big one all it needs is a water dish and as dry as you can.

cold blood

Staff member
Never mist or spray your rosea, or its enclosure. Never overfill the water dish. Never worry about adding humidity. They despise all of this. They like it dry....bone dry. Any excess moisture is disruptive to them and often will result in a t on the walls (or on its hide) and a total lack of feeding response.

Do keep a water dish, with fresh water, that will end your quest for humidity.

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
Just like everyone else says, the drier the better, save for the water dish. Mine absolutely HATE me when I accidentally let the bowl overflow. They get antsy and moody until it dries out. I can't even imagine what a misting would do

cold blood

Staff member
Just like everyone else says, the drier the better, save for the water dish. Mine absolutely HATE me when I accidentally let the bowl overflow. They get antsy and moody until it dries out. I can't even imagine what a misting would do
Haha...example....from dec 2012 to jan 2013 my old girl was on a fasting mission, which as followed by a molt. Her last molt was 4 years prior (and has been her schedule...she's old), so after she hardened up from the molt she went on a tear, always in hunting posture and eating everything offered before it hit the ground.

Right in the middle of her binging behavior, I made a slight miscalculation and overfilled the water dish, not a whole lot, but enough for a moist area around the dish. Even though she's in a large enclosure, 99% of which remained perfectly dry, she still shut back down and refused food until a full month after the enclosure had dried back out. Then she was voracious again till her usual late fall shut down. ;)