One of the best deals I've seen so far.

Ashton

Arachnoknight
Just a few minutes ago I went down to my favorite exotic pets store for some feeders. I got there and noticed a HUGE selection of Ts for that particular store. I was looking around like I always do and saw two M. balfouris. One mature male and one mature female, both at $90. Then I asked about putting some money down so they could hold the female for me and the guy said I didn't know what I was getting into upon taking her out of the cage. I asked why and he told me she and the male mated and she was most likely pregnant. So I went to put half down because that's their policy but I had left my money in the car. I went to get it and when I went back in, a guy bought both M. balfouris, a T. stirmi, an A. versi and their GBB. I was about in tears because they sold the female before I was able to put the money down. Long story short, never forget your money in the car.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just a few minutes ago I went down to my favorite exotic pets store for some feeders. I got there and noticed a HUGE selection of Ts for that particular store. I was looking around like I always do and saw two M. balfouris. One mature male and one mature female, both at $90. Then I asked about putting some money down so they could hold the female for me and the guy said I didn't know what I was getting into upon taking her out of the cage. I asked why and he told me she and the male mated and she was most likely pregnant. So I went to put half down because that's their policy but I had left my money in the car. I went to get it and when I went back in, a guy bought both M. balfouris, a T. stirmi, an A. versi and their GBB. I was about in tears because they sold the female before I was able to put the money down. Long story short, never forget your money in the car.
Why didn't the guy hold them???? Did you ask him to?? What a jerk!!!!!

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Why wouldn't the store sell them. I know it sucks but do you have any idea they hear, I'll be back in a little while? The last time I had a big add up, I probably "sold" some of the rarer species at least four times before some one actually bought them.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I did but since I didn't have the money he just sold them. I was really ticked off.

You were just going out to your car...that's ridiculous. That guy was a jerk. He should have been honest with you, and said "no cash, no hold" or something like that.

Ashton

Arachnoknight
I go there all the time and they know me well enough to see that I often do leave my money in the car so I don't just impulse buy, but they never have sold them like that until today. I'm still mad about that, especially since the cost of the female was so little for her and potential slings.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
That sucks especially if you're a regular. On Saturday, I just asked my LPS if they could hold a $400 animal - last in stock - til next week when I had the funds. They told me to take it home that day and just pay them next week - they knew i was coming back. I love a store that takes care of its regulars.

Last edited:

Wildenthusiast

Arachnosquire
That sucks especially if you're a regular. On Saturday, I just asked my LPS if they could hold a $400 animal - last in stock - til next week when I had the funds. They told me to take it home that day and just pay them next week - they knew i was coming back. I love a store that takes care of its regulars.
That's customer love. A business with trust like that would earn my patronage for a loooonnngggg time.

---------- Post added 03-30-2014 at 11:19 PM ----------

To the OP, I'm sorry that happened. Could have turned into serious money with minimal investment. Honestly, I probably would have been a little sick over it. BUT... life goes on. In any case, we feel your pain.

2bears

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Never go back.....take your business where your appreciated as a customer.

Ashton

Arachnoknight
It wasn't the normal people that I see there so I guess the guy didn't know, but it still is terrible.

Lrntolive

Arachnopeon
Was this scales and tails? I just noticed you're in Colorado. If it is, they did the same thing to me after calling to tell me they finally got the T I was looking for in stock. When I called them the next morning, they said someone else had just purchased it. I just spent over $300 in their store in a two week period. I was very disappointed. I only purchase T's from online dealers now. And accessories come from chain stores. They drove me to it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added 03-30-2014 at 10:48 PM ----------

Also, too bad they don't know I've dropped over 500 on T's and accessories this month. Their loss.

Ashton

Arachnoknight
Was this scales and tails? I just noticed you're in Colorado. If it is, they did the same thing to me after calling to tell me they finally got the T I was looking for in stock. When I called them the next morning, they said someone else had just purchased it. I just spent over $300 in their store in a two week period. I was very disappointed. I only purchase T's from online dealers now. And accessories come from chain stores. They drove me to it.

---------- Post added 03-30-2014 at 10:48 PM ----------

Also, too bad they don't know I've dropped over 500 on T's and accessories this month. Their loss.

Yes it was Scales 'N' Tails

Wildenthusiast

Arachnosquire
Wow... looks like they need to brush up on their customer appreciation. Losing a lot of good customers. Just had a friend treated very unprofessionally in a classifieds transaction as well. What's with people anymore?

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
surely you got your money back?

i did something like this at a lps i was in there every other day for 4 yrs.. [yes literaly bought at least 1 thing every other day from feeders to bedding and other animals] and they got in some P.metalicas. 2 weeks ago.. now befor im shunned they cant take care of their rosie let alone a pokie. so i was going to take it home put it in a box and ship it to someone i know who keeps them. there was a female who just laid a sack. they said i can have the sack for $20. [no idea if fertile or not] or the MF MM and sack for $110 now i have no buisness with a metalica whatsoever.. they bought it from some kid who had them.. but i figured if they keep there rosie in semi aquatic [yes i said semi aquatic] conditions theyd end up harming themselvs themselvs or some kid [lebeled as "ornate tarantula" :laugh:

anywho i only had 90 bucks on me befor my initial purchase.. i asked if theyd take 90 they said they put more into them then that... so i asked if i gave them the 90 if theyd hold it till i got back with the extra.. they said sure.. i live 10mins away i sped home grabbed my stash and sped back within 15 mins they sold them to some elderly couple [oh God :'( ]and tried to say "we agreed it was a non refundable deposite" HAH bout killed them.. needless to say i dont go there now :| i know just how you feel :( lol tho i woudlnt of kept them for self. :|

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
That REALLY blows, dude. Going back on your word is the epitome of horrible customer service. I only go to the large chains like Pet Smart for the odd accessory or if my LPS is out of crickets. I get my T's through a couple of very reputable online dealers, whom I've met at reptile expos.

You did get your money back, yes?

Ashton

Arachnoknight
I did get it back. Anyone have any disappointing stories similar to mine?

Keith B

Arachnobaron
Why didn't the guy hold them???? Did you ask him to?? What a jerk!!!!!
Agreed. One of the vendors I deal with at the expo, takes my word for it when I say I'm definitely going to buy it after I hit the ATM or even tour the rest of the expo, cause I don't want to carry it around all day and traumatize it. They take the container and put it behind the counter, out of sight for others to offer on it.. There's no other way around it, that guy is a jerk, and I wouldn't return.. ESPECIALLY if he unloaded a potentially pregnant female. That would spin me into a whole new platform of pissed off I've probably not yet experienced in my life.

Ashton

Arachnoknight
I went back today to see the normal people working there and those guys were messing with people and all the animals are still there. Oh well. I can't hold them because of a family emergency that required me to use my money.

---------- Post added 03-31-2014 at 08:53 PM ----------

What are everyone's favorite T dealers?

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I went back today to see the normal people working there and those guys were messing with people and all the animals are still there. Oh well. I can't hold them because of a family emergency that required me to use my money.

---------- Post added 03-31-2014 at 08:53 PM ----------

What are everyone's favorite T dealers?
i myself haven't delt with many dealers [i dont think] i used the classifieds. however i hear great things about ken. i just got in a T from jamies. not sure i agree on the advertized size but no other complaints. there are a ton of dealers out there with good reps. i myself would probably stay with the classified section. but thats just my choice