Lair of the OBT

brianp

Arachnopeon
OBT Lair.JPG

There was a time when I thought no way am I going to order an OBT. Then, unexpectedly, one of the online sellers sent me one as a freebie.
Over time, a combination of interest and fascination has replaced my original sense of apprehension. A month ago, this OBT sling went
subterranean and I have not seen it since. I knew it was in the tunnel complex somewhere, but couldn't seem to locate it. Anyway, a short
time ago, I tossed in a couple of small crickets and was watching them meander around when suddenly, the structure in the picture unfurled
and one unlucky cricket was enveloped and pulled in. That flexible structure is composed of a combination of webbing and soil and the OBT is
sitting within, peering out through that small hole. Like a turkey hunter obscured by camouflage netting. Among all of my tarantulas (and there are several) this little OBT is the most industrious and exhibits the most complex behavior.

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
View attachment 125495

There was a time when I thought no way am I going to order an OBT. Then, unexpectedly, one of the online sellers sent me one as a freebie.
Over time, a combination of interest and fascination has replaced my original sense of apprehension. A month ago, this OBT sling went
subterranean and I have not seen it since. I knew it was in the tunnel complex somewhere, but couldn't seem to locate it. Anyway, a short
time ago, I tossed in a couple of small crickets and was watching them meander around when suddenly, the structure in the picture unfurled
and one unlucky cricket was enveloped and pulled in. That flexible structure is composed of a combination of webbing and soil and the OBT is
sitting within, peering out through that small hole. Like a turkey hunter obscured by camouflage netting. Among all of my tarantulas (and there are several) this little OBT is the most industrious and exhibits the most complex behavior.
My sling, Moriarty, does this. I think he's appropriately named given his growing nature.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk