Sac in one week?

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I know the C.fasciatum have a very short gestation (sp.) period with sacs being reported 17 days after first initial pairing. However I only paired my female about a week ago and she has begun constructing a type if web some that I have never experienced her making before. She was paired on March 29th and has already begun making preparations for a sac?

To all of you experienced T breeders out there, have you ever noticed this before? Here is a picture.

image.jpg

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If a female is already revving up egg production (creating a "phantom sac") and happens to mate at the right time it can drop a sac only a day or two after the pairing. Perhaps something like that happened with your fasciatum? Or it could just be that they produce eggs incredibly quickly in some cases... never bred fasciatum myself so I can't speak from experience on that.

friendttyy

Arachnolord
Might be a phantom sac although i never have bred tarantulas yet. Best of luck.

Tman86

Arachnosquire
Just had my C fasciatum drop one last year around 2 weeks after mating and I got 230 slings from her :) like Korg said she may have been about to produce a phantom sac and you paired her just in time. Hope she does drop a sac for you but she may just be webbing because she don't want to be bothered by the male again, who knows.

Tman86

Arachnosquire
IMG_20140406_224524.jpg
Here's my female I just paired about a week ago and she's been doing a little webbing herself.