My Raccoon Tanooki

Micrathena

Arachnoknight
Hey, cool! Is it a rescue? Because my local pet store doesn't carry raccoons... :D

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
They seem so sweet and harmless when they are asleep. However, the other 23 hours a day...
Do yourself a favor. Pack up all your small belongings and precious items and drop them in a donation box somewhere. You will save countless hours searching for them not to mention the groundless accusations and recriminations of various household members.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!:)!!!!!!!! you didn't,awesome,cute lil buggers aren't they? and yeah courious.............nuff said. great pickup.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Nope, not a rescue. My LPS had a few in.

Snark, oh, I know. :). My first raccoon but I've also had a skunk for the last two years. I know all about getting everything off the floor and locking cabinets and random thievery. If it isn't bolted down, boarded up and chew resistant, that's skunk property. And now raccoon property.

Pete - yep. We walked out with him last saturday. :)

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Man this is a bad idea... Ahahaha..

I hope you have experience with children, cus that's basically what you guys obtained: A furry little child that will get into EVERYTHING. haha

Put locks on all your enclosures!

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Dustin, what shop did you get it from? Underground? If there is an exotics shop somewhere close by I don't know about, I wanna know about it lol

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Oh man.. you're gonna wake up one day, and your livingroom will look like a crime scene hahaha...

And the raccoon will be missing, until you see his head pop out of a big hole in the drywall :D

jthorntonwillis

Arachnosquire
Oh,You are so right.Been there ,done that....Got the t-shirt,but the raccoon stole it.:mad:
They seem so sweet and harmless when they are asleep. However, the other 23 hours a day...
Do yourself a favor. Pack up all your small belongings and precious items and drop them in a donation box somewhere. You will save countless hours searching for them not to mention the groundless accusations and recriminations of various household members.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mindibun

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Good luck w him. He's adorable but we have a ringtail lemur and omg are they BAD. the cuteness wears off... she's a nightmare.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
I love racoons. It is funny that I have seen none in the 10 years I have spent in the US but I have seen one here in the forests of Switzerland :).

You gotta check this out:

[YOUTUBE]0DfGf4M3QZo[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You have no idea how jealous I am that you have a Skunk AND a Raccoon. I will watch this thread.