My max Took another bad turn :(

Fifi

Arachnopeon
Since yesterday he/she has been trying to lay some web down but he was really struggling.There was a thick little white piece and his front legs were really digging into the substrate like he was really straining to do it ,sort of constipated.In the end he just gave up like he's just out of energy and his legs are curling underneath again.I took him out and he's not really moving and didn't protest when I flipped him upside down,to get some droplets of water in him( I watched somebody on you tube do it) but he hasn't taken them.Ive put him back in an ICU and I'll just have to wait and see.Hes just been fighting and fighting and he's used up all he's got,I think he needs a miracle this time,there's nothing else I can do,although suggestions would be greatly appreciated :( :( :(

LordWaffle

Arachnobaron
People on YouTube handle Poecs, P murinus, etc. I'd caution against doing something just because you saw it in a YouTube video. In this case, what you did is okay, but that won't always be the case. Moving on, I don't know anythig about your T as the name doesn't mean much to me. What species is it? Do you have pictures? Is there another thread you can link me to if you've already been over it before? It sounds like what you're doing is about all you can do but without more information there's nothing I can really say.

LordWaffle

Arachnobaron
Could you post a picture of this "thick piece of web?" Web isn't thick until it's laid down in layers.

Fifi

Arachnopeon
[/COLOR] it's about 3mm long and 1 mm thick and looks just like cotton wool

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
looks like spider poo.... from your previous thread and symptoms you've said here..... is it possible it has a blockage internally? I don't know how to remedy such an issue but others may, this situation just reminds me of a thread a while back of a L. vialoceopes that was showing similar signs to your T. Sadly that T passed but I think it came down to an internal blockage that couldn't be solved until after the T passed.

Maybe someone could give you helpful info on clearing blockages?

Fifi

Arachnopeon
I can't seem to get a good picture,it doesn't look lie poo,it looks like web,almost like a little ribbon ,hard to explain

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 09:21 AM ----------

It's not runny at all just like cotton wool compacted

Last edited:

Fifi

Arachnopeon
Thankyou for all your replies everyone but max didn't make it.He fought really hard for weeks but I guess he just used up all his energy. I'm really gutted,he's my first T and above and beyond any expectations I had of having a real life tarantula as a pet. He really did have a cool personality
I know this sounds really odd ,but I'm not sure what I should do with him.Do I bury him?

Fifi

Arachnopeon
My husband came home from work and dug a hole for me and I've put him in a lovely wooden carved box and buried him :)

netr

Arachnoknight
Really sorry to hear it. They aren't all 'destined' for good health, and it looks like you did everything possible. Losing them is never easy, and individuals themselves can't be replaced. The next best thing is to start again though!