My blue death feigning beetle tank

numbat1000

Arachnosquire
I love your setup! I'm going to be getting some (hopefully) in the summer. Where did you get beetles and the cholla cactus?

Trailblazr80

Arachnosquire
I love your setup! I'm going to be getting some (hopefully) in the summer. Where did you get beetles and the cholla cactus?
Thank you! A local reptile shop was selling some for a while, then I ordered a few more from bugsincyberspace.com. The cactuses are from Petsmart! I was hesitant about putting in real ones due to the maintenance, but now I am attempting a small succulent that is not in the picture. You can find cholla logs at almost any reptile store.

---------- Post added 04-21-2014 at 11:17 AM ----------

Awesome set up! Glad to see that they're breeding too.
Thank you! I saw one of the females laying eggs so I hope for some larva.

peterson80

Arachnopeon
hello, I'm from Brazil, do not speak much English, but you will be able to understand me, where I get these blue beetles?

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
This is making me seriously regret not grabbing some of these guys last weekend. I'll definitely have to next time. Very nice set-up.

Trailblazr80

Arachnosquire
This is making me seriously regret not grabbing some of these guys last weekend. I'll definitely have to next time. Very nice set-up.
Ha, you should, they are cool and easy to take care of! Supposedly pretty long-lived too, just hard to breed. I'll probably be heading up there to grab some more soon myself.

---------- Post added 04-26-2014 at 09:52 PM ----------

I belive you are asking where to get these.
http://shop.bugsincyberspace.com/Blue-Death-Feigning-Beetle-bic977.htm

trailblazr80, do the beetles use the cholla as a hide?
Yes, the beetles do like hanging out inside, they also like sitting on top of it and under it (where the tilted end meets the substrate). I've seen a couple of other blue death tanks with cholla logs and they are always inside. Mine also like hiding under the pieces of oak and cork bark I have in there.

NanoTek

Arachnopeon
What is the fascination of these little beauties ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk