I really can't make up my mind

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi guys I've narrowed my list of next ts down to 7 but I really don't know what to do as I like all 7 but I haven't got the space for them all some of the 7 are rare to find in the UK so that could be a deciding factor tell me what you think
Aphonopelma serratum rare in UK
Pamphobeteus antinous
Lasidora parahybana
Hapalopus sp Colombia large
Theraphosinae sp curzo 1st time bred in UK
Paraphysa parvula
Paraphysa sp tiger

Im thinking maybe aphonopelma serratum is a definite as I just love the look of them but I want another 2 fron the rest listed. ( I would love all 7) lol

netr

Arachnoknight
Only you can decide, but if I had to pick three from those it would be Columbia large, parvula and serratum. The former two have long been on my wish list.

Kat Graves

Arachnopeon
Will these be your first Ts? That would give us a little more to work with in helping you decide.
Also, would you be wanting to handle or not?

Last edited:

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No kat I currently own 5 ts at the moment from an 1/2 g anthracina to a 5" nhandu coloratovillosus im just thinking of extending my collection and these 7 stand out. 6 of the 7 are all from the spidershop and theres only 1 not available through them. But ive dealt with both breeders and trust them. Im going through a stage of wanting just terrestrial ts so thats why ive made this list of 7

Kat Graves

Arachnopeon
Oh, sweet! Well them, I would go for the L. Parahybana and the P. Antinous. :)

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm thinking that maybe I should try and make room for all 7 it shouldn't be that difficult as at least 4 are slings at the moment so it gives me plenty of time to think about future enclosure sizes

Kat Graves

Arachnopeon
And that answer shows exactly how addicting Ts can be. :)
I agree, just get them all. you save on shipping that way.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Paraphysa parvula can be QUITE pretty relatively speaking, The carapace is quite colorful.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah I agree I came across it while searching for something else and it triggered the g pulchra syndrome I acquired as in " I want 1 of those " so I spent all day researching instead of working. A day well spent I would say

Kat Graves

Arachnopeon
I just got a 3/4" Paraphysa Parvula from Swift's Inverts. Super cool, and has a great appetite. She is very docile, and every step she takes is very deliberate. She has been out in the open since I put her in there, which is cool because I love to watch my Ts do their thing. You should definitely get one.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just got a 3/4" Paraphysa Parvula from Swift's Inverts. Super cool, and has a great appetite. She is very docile, and every step she takes is very deliberate. She has been out in the open since I put her in there, which is cool because I love to watch my Ts do their thing. You should definitely get one.
Hi kat I took a slightly different route I was taken away from my wishlist somewhat but alls good im still planning on getting a parvula at some point but I ended up getting a euathlas sp red sub adult and aphonopelma serratum egg with legs. I couldn't be happier with both, but the euathlas sp red came right out of left field and its making me want some more of the same genus she was completely settled and eating in just over a day which ive never had happen before not even my pulchra settled that fast.
Congratulations on getting such a pretty t imo

Kat Graves

Arachnopeon
Congrats to you too. I ordered a juvenile Euathlus sp. Blue Femur at the same time as my Parvula. I love them both, and neither was on my list. I saw pictures and was like "gotta have those"!

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Hi guys I've narrowed my list of next ts down to 7 but I really don't know what to do as I like all 7 but I haven't got the space for them all some of the 7 are rare to find in the UK so that could be a deciding factor tell me what you think
Aphonopelma serratum rare in UK
Pamphobeteus antinous
Lasidora parahybana
Hapalopus sp Colombia large
Theraphosinae sp curzo 1st time bred in UK
Paraphysa parvula
Paraphysa sp tiger

Im thinking maybe aphonopelma serratum is a definite as I just love the look of them but I want another 2 fron the rest listed. ( I would love all 7) lol
I say get the L. Parahybana its semi docile, grows fast, good Eater and grows to a, beautifully big size

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I say get the L. Parahybana its semi docile, grows fast, good Eater and grows to a, beautifully big size
I had 1 on Tuesday for a few hours but sadly it didn't belong to me it was for a friend it was ordered along with the 2 new ts I purchased. It was an adorable 2" sling (dls) and as of tonight it ate its 1st meal in my friends care lol. I have told him if it ever gets too much for him (heres hoping lol) ill gladly adopt it.

---------- Post added 04-18-2014 at 10:04 PM ----------

Congrats to you too. I ordered a juvenile Euathlus sp. Blue Femur at the same time as my Parvula. I love them both, and neither was on my list. I saw pictures and was like "gotta have those"!
Thats sort of what happened to me I went for feeders for other ts and there was a young guy asking if the guy who owned the store if he could sex his sp red (turned out male Btw) and as soon as I saw it I was asking the guy all about it, he was new to the hobby and seemed a little nervous about it I told him just respect the t and enjoy it also suggested tkg as a good read. Anyway that day at work I spent about 6 hrs researching and looking for 1 and sure enough I found a dealer I use all the time had them in stock as sub adults so I ordered a female from them.

This is a shock to me what im about to say as I will whole heartedly praise brachys and grammostola's as almost perfect starter ts but as most of us know they all have little quirks such as fasting hair flicking temperamental etc plus some are expensive (g pulchra). Here goes I think most of the euathlas sp gang should be promoted to the top of the starter t list. It was stated on this thread that most people notice these little beauty's after collecting other ts. Why?

Kat Graves

Arachnopeon
This is a shock to me what im about to say as I will whole heartedly praise brachys and grammostola's as almost perfect starter ts but as most of us know they all have little quirks such as fasting hair flicking temperamental etc plus some are expensive (g pulchra). Here goes I think most of the euathlas sp gang should be promoted to the top of the starter t list. It was stated on this thread that most people notice these little beauty's after collecting other ts. Why?[/QUOTE]

I don't really know. I think the Eauthlus and the Paraphysa are fantastic. I would advise them as a beginner species to anyone out there. I love mine. Swift Inverts has a couple different species of Paraphysa right now, and he does awesome business. I would look into it if I were you. After all, I'm sure you have the room. :)

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is a shock to me what im about to say as I will whole heartedly praise brachys and grammostola's as almost perfect starter ts but as most of us know they all have little quirks such as fasting hair flicking temperamental etc plus some are expensive (g pulchra). Here goes I think most of the euathlas sp gang should be promoted to the top of the starter t list. It was stated on this thread that most people notice these little beauty's after collecting other ts. Why?
I don't really know. I think the Eauthlus and the Paraphysa are fantastic. I would advise them as a beginner species to anyone out there. I love mine. Swift Inverts has a couple different species of Paraphysa right now, and he does awesome business. I would look into it if I were you. After all, I'm sure you have the room. :)[/QUOTE]

That would be an ideal situation for me to use swift inverts but theres a major flaw in this plan I live in the UK lol. But seriously for a second I use 2 dealers/breeders here in the UK and to my knowledge. The spider shop. Co.UK currently as at least 2 paraphysa species and as far as I know they currently stock at least 5 euathlus sp and to boot the prices over here are fantastic at the moment on certain species including the pulchra which ranges from £12-70 depending on size, to be honest if you know where to look over here theres not much in the way of ts that you can't buy I think the only 1 ive not seen in around a year is the t blondi

Kat Graves

Arachnopeon
Well damn. Swifts is awesome. :)
Go find a Paraphysa somewhere then. They are awesome.