Shortest male T lifespan

milky

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Which male tarantula has the shortest lifespan?

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Granted this is purely speculative based on information i've collected and stored away over the years, and I have by no means raised every single species of tarantula to adulthood so this is not scientific fact - however, I have read that Holothele incei are quite short lived, both the males and the females. Surprisingly so, and I will dig around for the thread in which it was addressed, as I'm pretty sure it was here on AB a few years ago. I only have had one, but it grew very quickly up until I sold it.

That said, lifespan is dependent on all sorts of other things like the temperature you keep them at, and frequency of feedings, etc. So I doubt there's a concrete answer to your question but I responded because it jogged a memory for me. :) I'll try to find that thread for ya, I know some people in it had raised a lot of that species to adulthood, and bred them, etc.

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
I had few MM H. villosela that lasted only 3 weeks after they matured

cold blood

Staff member
I had few MM H. villosela that lasted only 3 weeks after they matured
The question was lifespan, not lifespan post-maturity I believe. How long did it take to mature? Interesting little t, how big did it top out at DSL?

milky

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes sir, that is the question.

---------- Post added 04-07-2014 at 08:16 PM ----------

My male Holothele incei has lived for only one year.

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
The question was lifespan, not lifespan post-maturity I believe. How long did it take to mature? Interesting little t, how big did it top out at DSL?

shortest one? 8 months, some others were around 9-10 months

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
Wow, that's a short lifespan.
they were around 1,5" by the way, definitely fastest growing tarantula i have had. very fast moulting cycle, females also are old/big enough for pairing at around 8/9 month mark.