Hiding GBB

Seal36

Arachnopeon
I got my GBB on the 20th of March and since the 23rd of March she has been hiding and has not eaten is there anything I can do to get her out in the open and what can she be doing as she is not moulting and she now look very very skinny from Tom

Oreo

Arachnocookie
How large is she? Do you have a photo? It may take her a few days to acclimate to her surroundings. I would advise providing a full water dish and leaving her alone.

cold blood

Staff member
she now look very very skinny from Tom
Just curious, what does "from Tom" mean? Who's Tom, is that the t's name or does it have another meaning I am unaware of that will make me feel old?

Seal36

Arachnopeon
I would say she is about 2.5 - 3 inches. I don't have a picture but I can get one tomorrow and I have made sure that she has a water dish. I have left her alone but she has been hiding for two weeks now and has not come out to eat or anything like that. Also Tom is my name so from Tom is me saying bye. From Tom lol

Seal36

Arachnopeon

CitizenNumber9

Arachnobaron
That setup is sick!!! (That's teenagers for "awesome!")

Also you should put "from Tom" in your signature so that you don't have to type it over and over :)

Seal36

Arachnopeon
Thanks I really like the way that the tank is set up and I'm glad someone else likes it too.

shebeen

Arachnobaron
Your enclosure has way too much vertical head room. In the first picture, your T is hanging from the lid over a hard plastic hide. A fall from that height could be fatal. Many keepers avoid using screen lids with terrestrial Ts because of the fall hazard they present. And, although GBBs are often referred to as "semi-arboreal", they are a desert dwelling species that lives in holes in the ground.

Seal36

Arachnopeon
Ok thanks but that picture was taken when she was exploring her tank after being put in it and she is now hiding in the brick and has not climbed the glass since

LordWaffle

Arachnobaron
She will still climb. They do that. Especially GBBs. Way too much height in there for this species. If she falls, she'll be hurt very badly. It's hard to tell from the pictures of her in her hide, since it's fairly dark, but it doesn't look like she's skinny at all. And is that your water dish with all the moss in it? The dish should have nothing but water inside.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ok thanks but that picture was taken when she was exploring her tank after being put in it and she is now hiding in the brick and has not climbed the glass since
It's your T do what you want. If it lives to old age great, if it dies from a fall (and it might at that height, it's too tall) don't say you weren't warned.

I love the setup below though, really nice looking. Clever to use the brick!!

You wrote that your GBB doesn't climb, do you watch it or video record it 24/7 ? Just curious how you know with absolutely certainty it doesn't climb?

Do you have millipedes living in there too???

Last edited:

Medusa

Arachnoknight
I got a GBB sling at about the same time. He/she is approx. 1.5" and I have her in a 4 oz. deli cup. She's made a trampoline-style web the circumfirence of the inside and hangs out at one side, catching every meal I toss onto her web. She's rotund, and I'll move her to something larger after she molts. She is never on the substrate, either on the side, lid or web.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk