ISO Giant African Millipede

GAM96

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!

I have been searching for Giant African Millipedes for a few months now, but no luck yet! I already have a vivarium ready & set for them. :)

If you or someone you know is selling them, please don't hesitate to let me know! It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all,
Stephanie

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I only know of one place selling AGBs right now, I'll PM you the contact info.

Can we see your terrarium setup?

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's a real nice enclosure, but you will NEVER see your pedelings in there. It could be good for when they're bigger though. Mine are 1" and I keep them in a 5"x5" plastic tub (I still don't see them often).

That substrate looks like it's just cocofiber with moss on top. Millipedes can't eat cocofiber, they need a substrate that includes hardwood and leaves. I use a mix of 50% cocofiber, 25% rotten oak leaves, 25% shredded rotten oak wood (supplemented with aspen shavings).

GAM96

Arachnopeon
Thanks :) It took some time to get it like that! As for the substrate, I do have rotten leaves within the mixture and plan to get shredded rotten wood really soon. I was also concerned that the enclosure would be a bit to big for them at first. I do have a smaller tank that I could get set up. As they get bigger I'll switch them over to this one.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's good. Keep in mind these guys grow really slowly. They take like 5 years to mature, so they'll be living in smaller containers for a long while.

pinkpolicebox

Arachnopeon
Hello! I hope you don't mind me asking, but could I possibly get that info as well? I have been looking since last year for some of these guys and have had no luck either :(

Gel

Arachnoknight
Beautiful enclosure

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk