Pacific Chorus Frogs

loganhopeless

Arachnosquire
Hey! First time posting in this area.. Anyway, I have a pregnant Pacific Chorus Frog (P. Regilla) and a hatching egg sac of newts (unknown species). Any tips regarding the two? Also any chance they could live together? The tadpoles and the tiny newts? Thanks!
-Logan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Keep them separate, not a good idea to mix. Also with some frogs ( not sure if all species ) many breeders put each egg in its own cup/ mini tank. Some tadpoles will eat each other as well. Keeping separate maximizes numbers. Also as you MAY know they require clean water fairly regularly, filters etc. Again, I know breeders who do this and I'm unsure if it applies to all frog species.

"hatching" out frogs/ raising them is quite a lot of work. Hit one of the dart frog forums they'll know

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you don't have a male pacific tree frog it will not matter, fertilization is external. Do NOT keep different species of amphibians together.

Cheers
Cooper

loganhopeless

Arachnosquire
If you don't have a male pacific tree frog it will not matter, fertilization is external. Do NOT keep different species of amphibians together.

Cheers
Cooper
So you don't need a male in order to have eggs? Like a stick insect??

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No you need a male. The way I read it you only had the gravid female. If you do have a male best of luck!

Cheers
Cooper

loganhopeless

Arachnosquire
No you need a male. The way I read it you only had the gravid female. If you do have a male best of luck!

Cheers
Cooper
Well I'm starting to think that it just had like a huge meal, because it's getting smaller and no eggs. And it's been almost a week..

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I would separate them. taricha larvae are quite voracious, and chorus frog tadpoles are tiny. Not a good combo :p

They both will be fine until the newts grow larger.