Is this possible

delo

Arachnopeon
I've had my E. Olivacea for 10 months now from 1/4 inch and its molted 4 times.......last night was 4th and I believe I can see hooks but I'll get a better look when he comes out. Is that supper fast and even possible.

Remingtonsteel

Arachnopeon
Put,up a picture of it?,this sounds weird

---------- Post added 04-11-2014 at 08:14 PM ----------

If its a male then there should be "boxing glove" like endings on its pedipalps,and also is it eating,if so then chances are its a female,males don't usually eat after their penultimate molt

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I've had my E. Olivacea for 10 months now from 1/4 inch and its molted 4 times.......last night was 4th and I believe I can see hooks but I'll get a better look when he comes out. Is that supper fast and even possible.
Any previous injuries? broken fang? might be regeneration molts

delo

Arachnopeon
nope no previous injuries and he just molted 2 days ago and I dont bother feeding after a moult for at least 1 week. Yup that's what i meant by hooked out (boxing gloves on end of pedipalp) I just thought that was supper fast but I'm new to this species.....just cause he hooked out does this mean he's a MM now?

Remingtonsteel

Arachnopeon
Well if he has the "boxing glove" pedipalps well then yes,chances are it is a MM,but a picture would definitely confirm it

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If like other baboons, these can mature at a fairly young age and smaller size. They're not a huge spider. I think males mature at about 3.5" and females will go closer to 5" dls.

If I'm not mistaken, E. olivacea is on the list of tarantulas that the males do not have tibial apophyses. So, if it's mature, you'd be looking for palpal emboli only. He will no "hook out". (Hopefully someone will come along and confirm that one way or the other.)

While mature males appetites may wane, they most certainly do eat post maturity.

delo

Arachnopeon
Well looks like i have a MM so anyone near Winnipeg want a breeding project or buy my little guy send me a PM (E. Olivacea for those who didn't read the thread)

Cheers

pictures to come when he leaves his web

delo

Arachnopeon
Picture as promised.......he came out to eat and I caught the right angle.

MM Confirmation.jpg

Wildenthusiast

Arachnosquire
If I'm seeing the picture correctly, he does seem to have emboli at the base of his pedipalps. While I don't SEE any tibial hooks, the metatarsus do look to reduce in girth, which is also typical in a male's ultimate molt.

Keith B

Arachnobaron
Yep. I see bulbs, and males of various species do mature rather fast and small sometimes, so it is possible. He's still viable, just has his work cut out for him with a female :D