Hides that cost nothing? :)

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What are some good ideas for makeshift hides? I want Jules to have more than one as he seems to need another way to occupy himself.. but unfortunatlely being a college student I don't have the funds to even spend 5 bucks on a little one.. hehe..

So what are some ideas for me to make him a makeshift hide from around the house? :)

Anyone else do this?

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You can use practicaly anything, Just make sure it won't degrade or rot in its environment.
Try using a small opaque plastic bottle cut in half or a piece of polystyrene carton. It won't look to good but it will do the job.

Mr. X

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you can look for bark and clean it with bleach or put it in the oven at 450F for 20 min. Dont forget to rinse the bark a lot with water if you use bleach.

WorldTour

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Broken records, flat pieces of opaque plastic, old plastic dishes & bowls, your roommate's old shoes, etc... Anything that it can crawl into to hide in.

-Mark

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm considering using a skull from the next deer I get.. hmm..
But that'll be too long..

Thanks for all the ideas. :)

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
well, a real human skull costs maybe 600 dollars.. haha, and I need free!

I took the box his lightbulb came in and made it into a little hide.. just so he has an option.. ;)

Maybe he'll like to tear it apart.. who knows. :)

Finally got him a heat lamp too! So we'll see about that damn climbing habit he has..

/out/

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If appearance is of no importance, you can make custom shaped hides out of tin-foil.