Brachypelma Klaasi is sick

Rageclick

Arachnopeon
So my 0.1 Brachypelma Klaasi had this watery mass under its abdomen before, when it molted it looked like it had a healing wound with a scab after.

Heres a photo.

Question. : Is this something I should be worried about?

Attachments

awiec

Arachnoprince
I would suggest not feeding large meal so no undo pressure is put on the wound. If its not leaking fluid and the T is moving and eating normally; then all you can do is wait for it to molt.

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
What kind of substrate are you currently using? and what are the decor in the enclosure as well?

---------- Post added 04-14-2014 at 11:38 AM ----------

reason I ask is because I've seen this once with an Aphonopelma chalcodes that was on splintering wood chips for substrate, I SUSPECT it was because the T's abdomen was constantly being rubbed on by rough surfaces but not sure if that was the initial cause.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's really inconclusive at this point if tarantulas can get "sick". A cyst is one thing, but as far as we know, they don't catch illnesses the way we do.

Oreo

Arachnocookie
Maybe it'll be resolved with the next molt, I'd keep an eye on that spot when it molts again. If his T dies from a cyst, I'd say it's sick. I see what you're saying though. :p

shawno821

Arachno Pimp
Good luck with her,there isn't enough of this species out there.I'm raising up a male for my female right now.I hope she clears up so you can breed her!