Wolf spider

Tarantulaking

Arachnopeon
My girlfriend caught a pregnant wolf spider a few days ago I fed it a cricket yesterday woke up and it burrowed looked at it again an hour later and it was sitting on an egg sac about size of an air soft pellet what should I do

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
First question is what do you want to do? keep it or let them hatch?, if you want to let it go? you can set her free in a nice dark/dry place (with existing eggsac)(will make another) or you can keep her till they hatch and let them out/keep them.

Tarantulaking

Arachnopeon
Ill atleast let them hatch and probably let them go from there

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Does she have a water dish? Place it against the side of the enclosure. Place rocks in it so they can climb out, should they get dislodged and fall in the dish. The babies will cling to her for a while, eventually leaving. the process is quite gradual, as they will slowly begin to dismount her and explore nearby, running back on if they feel threatened.

Feeding the slings is easy- they'll feed on pre-killed prey. I would take a few slings, then release the rest of them in the backyard.

Tarantulaking

Arachnopeon
No water dish the substrate has some moisture to it. She has completely shut off her burrow sincle last night just rolls her egg sac around being a good mother. Very interesting to watch.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
No water dish the substrate has some moisture to it. She has completely shut off her burrow sincle last night just rolls her egg sac around being a good mother. Very interesting to watch.

I would get her one. Misting at this time could ruin the sac.

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
She also needs a lot more room. Water dish, as Smokehound said... Wolfs are major water-drinkers.

Along with more space, some cover and deeper sub would be greatly appreciated by Mom and her brood.

Tarantulaking

Arachnopeon
So I transfered her to a bigger drier enclosure gave her a small water dish she is quite small how ever only about .75 of an inch she seemed irritated when removed from the burrow

---------- Post added 04-20-2014 at 11:50 PM ----------

Actually after looking again its only about .5 inch

---------- Post added 04-21-2014 at 12:47 AM ----------

Thanks Smokehound714 hope everything goes good ill post another pic soon my cam sucks wait for my gf to get home

Tarantulaking

Arachnopeon
That bottom picture is cool you can see his eye shining the top pic show the egg sac in the make shift burrow I helped her start with a small piece of hollowed cork bark with a tunnel pressed against the side of the plastic for a viewing window