How old is your Oldest T?

Remingtonsteel

Arachnopeon
How old is your oldest T?,and who has the OLDEST T?,I've heard of ones on the 20 mark but never heard of anything over that,Mine is probably around 4-5years-grammostola rosea

LordWaffle

Arachnobaron
I know of a few people with Brachypelma sp. that are older than 20 years. Female smithis can live well over 30 with the right conditions and luck.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I have a 2 year old C.darlingi and I wouldn't trade her for the world. Though my oldest spider was a 3 year old black widow.

cold blood

Staff member
I have a rosea (probably a porteri) that's quite old. I got her she was full grown and already in her molting every 4 years pattern and I never saw a lick of growth from one, so I estimate with the slow growth of the species, that it had to be at least 12, maybe older, maybe considerably older. I have had her 14 years, she's gotta be over 25.....at minimun.

Keith B

Arachnobaron
I have a rosea (probably a porteri) that's quite old. I got her she was full grown and already in her molting every 4 years pattern and I never saw a lick of growth from one, so I estimate with the slow growth of the species, that it had to be at least 12, maybe older, maybe considerably older. I have had her 14 years, she's gotta be over 25.....at minimun.
I suspect mine is quite old as well, but no idea either. Took 4 years to molt the only time she has. Just posted a pic of her in a new thread I started if you'd like to compare. She was still pretty colorful from the molt when I took that one. Quite pretty :)

cold blood

Staff member
I suspect mine is quite old as well, but no idea either. Took 4 years to molt the only time she has. Just posted a pic of her in a new thread I started if you'd like to compare. She was still pretty colorful from the molt when I took that one. Quite pretty :)
yeah Keith, mine looks just like "bibi". Nice t's btw

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
My oldest is a 2" G. Pulchra. Not sure how old it is. I got it in November and it was 1.5" back then.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I have a WC Lasiodorides polycuspulatus that was a full grown adult when I got her in '96 (18 years ago). Lasiodorides are very slow growing , so that puts this spider around 25 maybe 30 years, who knows.

Later, Tom

Zcreator

Arachnopeon
My oldest is a 12 year old G.pulchripes. She's maybe 5.5+"? I haven't owned her long enough for a molt yet (only a year in my care), but I am curious what the size difference will actually be at this slow growth stage. After her, I have quite a few in the 3-4 year range, but those are faster growing arboreals so I won't be getting two decades out of them unfortunately. Guess it takes up a lot of lifespan to move like lightning!

delo

Arachnopeon
My Baby is a 13year old P. Regalis approx 10 inches. Raised her since she was 1/4inch

more pics in my gallery

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Someone I know had a smithi that at the time was 28+ yrs old

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
In my current collection, my G,Rosea is around 13-15 years old or older (as a guess) could even be closer to 20+, had her for over a year and was just over 6" and molted last year and pretty much 7" today, most definitely WC (cause her size and bought from exotic/petshop) and i'm sure whoever they got it from didn't take years before selling and I'm sure the petshop i bought it from didn't raise it from sling to over 6" (alot of years to invest), so makes me think its WC and is a big female, got pics in my gallery.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My G.rosea is now almost 22 years old, I've had it since a spiderling.