scolopendra in jamaica

oblivion56

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
planning a trip to jamaica this year and i know scolopendra can be found there,but what kind?i have lookedonline but not much info is available,please help!

oblivion56

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol,i bet!im pretty sure there are s.alternans there but was wondering if any other species could possibly be found

Mastigoproctus

Centiman
Yes, Scolopedra Hispaniola and I would pay you bigggg $$ to catch and send me some if it were possible.

Last edited:

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
no answers?
You're a pretty patient person to wait 2 years for a answer lol. How safe is it to roam the jungles down there ? A few years ago when I was considering Jamaica for a trip, I was strongly advised by many people to not leave the resort area. I ended up canning the trip and went to the U.S.V.I instead.

Later, Tom

Mastigoproctus

Centiman
Pretty sure the jungles anywhere in the Caribbean are unsafe for the most part and not because of the animals hahaha.
At any rate though hope your trip goes well and you see some of those amazing Giant Alternans Jamaica has to offer. Remember they like to hide in and under fallen trees and under large rocks so you'll have some serious flipping to do if you wanna see one. ;)