Feeder roaches, dubia, housing question

Kediil

Arachnopeon
I figure, I have scorpions, so I'll post it here, but I'm going to be getting some chameleons and possibly some tarantuals/orb weavers/something spidery, in a couple of weeks.

Anyhow, I've got everything setup that I need, but before I go cutting the tops from these plastic bins, I'm wondering if there's a suggested height. Most of the bins I've seen have been the deeper rubbermaid variety. The ones I purchased are maybe 4" deep or so, and about 1.5ft x 2.5-3ft. I plan to separate the three stages. (adult, juvenile, nymphs)

Should I see about deeper boxes?

Kat Fenix

Arachnosquire
no expert here, but my dubia flourish in a deeper bin. I had a shallow bin and it really made it hard to give them enough egg crates. My females kept dropping their egg cases because there weren't enough places to hide.
This is my current dubia set up. I got a HUGE stack of egg crates from a local breakfast diner for free.
I feed them fish flakes, oranges, and repashy bug burger. They are breeding like crazy in this new big bin!

I honestly don't bother separating all of the stages, the nymphs are a pain in the ass to catch when they are wee little. I just pick out whatever sizes I need.

[edit] sorry about the wonky angles, the photos don't like to upload correctly from my phone for some reason. :/
Photo Apr 17, 11 38 17 PM.jpg
Photo Apr 17, 11 38 24 PM.jpg