Newbie to T`s!

elake

Arachnopeon
Can someone help me with enclosures, and everything I need to know!!??

I am thinking about getting G rosea and a vagan.
Can anyone help?

powerpro23

Arachnopeon
I cant help you with everything you need to know that comes with time, experience and research. I can however give some suggestions on enclosures but you need to be more
specific like the size of the tarantula that you are looking at? I am a big fan of exo terra 12x12x12 or 12x12x18 for most adult species. for g.rosea and b.vegans I would keep them dry with light misting and 4-5 inches of substrate. I personally like eco earth coconut choir. good luck!

RussoTuristo

Arachnopeon
Be aware that B. vagans are generally more aggressive and mean than other Brachypelma species. So if you were instructed to "get a Brachy, they're docile", that often doesn't apply to B. vagans. It's the Brachys' crazy uncle.

elake

Arachnopeon
Oh... yeah was told there good beginners!

Be aware that B. vagans are generally more aggressive and mean than other Brachypelma species. So if you were instructed to "get a Brachy, they're docile", that often doesn't apply to B. vagans. It's the Brachys' crazy uncle.

RussoTuristo

Arachnopeon
It all varies depending on an individual T, B. vagans can be docile sweethearts. But they do have a reputation.

elake

Arachnopeon
Lol alright.
Well I don't know if ill keep it then. Will see I guess.
Thank you for the quick replys!

RussoTuristo

Arachnopeon
How about G. pulchripes instead then? They're cheap and very docile with very few exceptions. Good eaters, decent growers and rarely flick hairs.

elake

Arachnopeon
Well the trades been done already. There on way to me.
I'll have to find someone that'll want that one.

How about G. pulchripes instead then? They're cheap and very docile with very few exceptions. Good eaters, decent growers and rarely flick hairs.

LordWaffle

Arachnobaron
In the 20 years I've been around tarantulas, that has not been my experience at all. Boehmi tends to be more defensive than vagans, and while my personal collection is not a good sample size, I will say vagans is by far my most docile tarantula.

OP, vagans is an excellent beginner species.

Lrntolive

Arachnopeon
Can someone help me with enclosures, and everything I need to know!!??

I am thinking about getting G rosea and a vagan.
Can anyone help?
If you need to know everything, then your brain might explode. No one knows everything! But, if you want to start off on the right foot, read a few books: Quick and Easy Tarantula Care by Dr. Robert Greene, Tarantulas by Jerry G. Walls, and The Tarantula Keepers Guide by Stanley A. Schultz.

The first two will get you started quickly and you can download them from nook or Amazon. The last one is a little harder read, but take your time and you'll get through it.

Good luck.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

powerpro23

Arachnopeon
In the 20 years I've been around tarantulas, that has not been my experience at all. Boehmi tends to be more defensive than vagans, and while my personal collection is not a good sample size, I will say vagans is by far my most docile tarantula.

OP, vagans is an excellent beginner species.
To say B.Vagans is by far the most docile is a little extreme considering there are many docile species. I hear allot about how docile G.pulchra are so I bought one and so far she seems to have a good disposition. tarantulas are also individuals so others could have completely different experiences.

elake

Arachnopeon
I realize that.
Just need to know the basics in Ts

If you need to know everything, then your brain might explode. No one knows everything! But, if you want to start off on the right foot, read a few books: Quick and Easy Tarantula Care by Dr. Robert Greene, Tarantulas by Jerry G. Walls, and The Tarantula Keepers Guide by Stanley A. Schultz.

The first two will get you started quickly and you can download them from nook or Amazon. The last one is a little harder read, but take your time and you'll get through it.

Good luck.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
There going to be pretty small right now.
Okay cool!
Since you're going to be getting pretty small ones you need, small containers like these below.

You can use a bottle cap as a water dish or lightly mist the enclosure for drinking water. I got these from the dollar store. After
your Ts out grow these you can use them as water dishes great way to recycle

LordWaffle

Arachnobaron
To say B.Vagans is by far the most docile is a little extreme considering there are many docile species. I hear allot about how docile G.pulchra are so I bought one and so far she seems to have a good disposition. tarantulas are also individuals so others could have completely different experiences.
That isn't even remotely close to what I said. Don't put words in my mouth. I said that in *my* collection, *my* B vagans is my most docile tarantula. As in the one that I keep. I've been around many over my time though, and they are not by any stretch of the imagination aggressive or even more consistently defensive than other Brachypelma species.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I only have one juvenile male b.vagans. He isn't fast moving, but will kick hairs even if I bump off the side of the enclosure. (staying true to that brachy heritage), but like everyones been saying, individuals do vary.