might lose my G Rosea

windscorpions1

Arachnoknight
My G rosea molted and it didn't turn out good. When I found her she was going into a death curl so I put them in an icu. Anyone know anything that might make its odds of surviving better? or should I just let nature run its course?

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My G rosea molted and it didn't turn out good. When I found her she was going into a death curl so I put them in an icu. Anyone know anything that might make its odds of surviving better? or should I just let nature run its course?
It sounds like you're already doing what you can. At this point all you can do is wait and see what happens. Hopefully it will pull through. I'm not sure how long you've had your rosea but if it was wild caught, as many are, it may have simply reached the end of its life span. Perhaps one day we'll discover a species of immortal Highlander tarantula that duels through the centures until there's only one left. Until then, the occasional, inevitable loss will remain part of the hobby.

Buggidy

Arachnopeon
Are you sure it was in a death curl, and not just grooming itself? Whenever my T's molt I usually see them in a position VERY similar to the death curl, but when you look closely you can see that they're just grooming themselves.

windscorpions1

Arachnoknight
Are you sure it was in a death curl, and not just grooming itself? Whenever my T's molt I usually see them in a position VERY similar to the death curl, but when you look closely you can see that they're just grooming themselves.
definently looked like a death curl not grooming

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I agree it could be grooming (front legs tucked under) after molt or as said it maybe nearing the end of its life depending on how old she is?, but hopefully she makes it.

skippydude

Arachnobaron
I just had a 3" A. geniculata molt and she laid on her side for hours curled up. After hours of worry it turned out that she was just feeling out her new skin and she eventually got upright and is fine. I was afraid of touching/moving a freshly molted T, so I let her be and all went well.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Heres some weird post-molt grooming my male vagans does,

View attachment 126039

After molting they do go into a lot of weird positions, to stretch out their new skin so it doesn't harden in an awkward position, a picture would be helpful.

windscorpions1

Arachnoknight
Heres some weird post-molt grooming my male vagans does,

View attachment 126039

After molting they do go into a lot of weird positions, to stretch out their new skin so it doesn't harden in an awkward position, a picture would be helpful.
sorry I have nothing to take a pic with. But to maybe narrow some things down, it had ALL of its legs curled underneath it, so it looked like a death curl to me. Thankfully it is looking better now it has uncurled itself and every once in a while will move its legs. The bad part is that 3 or 4 of its legs are kind of deformed a bit. But so far its looking better.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Hopefully it pulls through, even with some deformed legs the spider should be able to do all the normal things it needs to and that may speed up its next molt.

multibit

Arachnopeon
Give it some time to get the circuation going, its legs etc should soon fill out and the skin harden. Moulting is very tiring for the tarantula, some take longer than others to be back to normal.

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
After moult they have all legs curled up for couple of hours, it's normal

windscorpions1

Arachnoknight
Looks like its still alive its not moving around very good (dragging itself across the ground with its front legs)but I think thats the moulting three of its back legs cant really do much hoping it molts again soon to fix itself up but it looks like it will live. (I've only had the T for a month so thank god!)

awiec

Arachnoprince
Looks like its still alive its not moving around very good (dragging itself across the ground with its front legs)but I think thats the moulting three of its back legs cant really do much hoping it molts again soon to fix itself up but it looks like it will live. (I've only had the T for a month so thank god!)
Just take care to give it easy prey, I have a T with 5 properly formed legs and it has been doing quite well after its initial recovery. Granted it is a P.muticus and is still very tenacious, but I usually give it dubia as those are slow and don't put up much of a fight. After a month of staying in a buried vial I gave it to hide in, it has made a nice tunnel system. Hopefully after a few meals yours will perk up again.