B.Boehmei Molt Problems

CreepyCrawlies

Arachnosquire
She went through a molt yesterday evening, with relatively no issue, aside from the fact that the abdominal portion of the exuviae is still attached. All the legs,pedipalps, fangs, and spinnerets came out fine, so I suppose this wouldn't be classified as a bad molt. After lightly misting her (something I NEVER do otherwise) and the enclosure, I applied extremely slight pressure to the flap of the molt, with a pair of foreceps, to see if it could be manually removed. It did not move in the slightest, so I did not reattempt it. Do you think misting her enclosure will help to alleviate the problem? Or is there anything else I can try to help her complete the molt? The picture was taken right after the aforementioned removal attempt. She didn't seem to mind being spritzed with water, much to my surprise.

Attachments

awiec

Arachnoprince
Well a trick that is used for snakes is that you put them in a small shoe box lined with moist paper towel and have lots of folds that she can go under, the roughness of the towel in combination with the moisture might get it off. I did this for a sling of mine that had some legs stuck, in combination of me gently pulling the exuviae off, it got its legs free. I'm not sure how well this will work for something stuck on the abdomen though, hope you figure it out, she is a very pretty spider.

CreepyCrawlies

Arachnosquire
Thanks, I also think she's quite extraordinary. I came back from the store, lo and behold, the moisture did the trick. Shes back to her beautiful old self with a fresh coat of paint :)

awiec

Arachnoprince
Excellent, water and time usually cures most things it seems.

TLover007

Arachnosquire
She is very pretty. I had the same thing with my klugi sling. It came off after a day or two...

Im crazy... and I Love Ts!!!!

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's a common area for molt pieces to get sort of 'stuck'. The spider does usually get it cleaned it off. More concerning is when molt parts stick to book lungs, mouth, fangs, etc.