id this spider

aaarg

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Definitely not Dolomedes. Some type of agelenid - check out those spinnerets!

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
Well its obviously a true spider. I know that doesn't really help. As far as care goes I think I can help. But I need some more info.

Im assuming you found him outside somewhere.

Where did you find him? Was he/she on or in a web or climbing something higher up? or Was he/she on the ground?

What is the climate like around where you live?

Also how big is he/she? Its hard to tell by the picture.

agkistrodon99

Arachnopeon
its kind of hard to say what the conditions were like,it was in a 55g that a friend had just bought off craigslist ,but it wasnt in a web at the time it now is making a nice funnel web. the spider is about 1/4 inch leg span.

agkistrodon99

Arachnopeon
Alright thanks, any idea on what the species would be? I love all agkistrodons hence my name lol

awiec

Arachnoprince
Probably Agelenopsis pennsylvanica, they have a wide range and the ones I used to breed look just like it. Excellent little spiders, I'd say if its a mature/penultimate female then you have another 4-5 months out of her. Really all I did is give them a deli cup and they create their own home via a funnel, you could put a log or something to help them anchor their funnel but they don't need it. I just lightly spray the top of the container and web and give a cricket once a week . The females lived a good 4 months post maturity and their children now reside in my garden.