White "Mass" in T enclosure

JarvyvV

Arachnopeon
In my Chaco Golden Knee Sling's Enclosure, there is a white oval thing, I looks like that thread like mold only much much thicker, it almost looks like a egg sac. it is in the bottom of his burrow, next to his molt skin(that he just kept down there so im really annoyed :p). I don't know if is thick thread-like mold or whatever. Ill try to get a picture up soon. Thanks!

JarvyvV

Arachnopeon
Its about the size of its abdomen, a little smaller. These are some quick pics from my phone, im going to get a pic with more details. IMAG0079.jpg If u look closely ull see the light crushed up old skin directly to the right of the white thing IMAG0083.jpg

Last edited:

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
It looks like a bolus covered in mold, which you'll want to get out asap. Book lungs and mold spores are not a good combo. Also, just a suggestion, but mold usually occurs when too much moisture meets a lack of good ventilation... and that sub looks very moist and obviously the pic isn't such that we can see where the air holes are, but I'm going to take a guess that perhaps it needs more.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
You need lateral ventilation. I recommend poly-pro plastic containers, as it's easy to melt vent holes in them. Make sure at least one of the holes is close to the bottom, to ensure co2 leaks out.

If you want a heavy-duty container, sterilite tubs are excellent. Melting holes into those is also effective. I found some at walmart for a mere 89 cents each.

Just make sure you have good ventilation whilst doing this, those fumes can mess you up. Also wash the tubs afterward to remove the residue.

Also, this species favors dry substrate. They're found around argentina, a very arid region. Care is basically identical to the care you'd give to aphonopelma.

(though higher humidity for slings can be beneficial!)

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
When in doubt, rehouse. Throw out old substrate. Also, your sling would better like more horizontal than vertical space. Good luck.