sweet sling containers

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My girlfriend spotted these sweet containers at Dollar Tree. They come in packs of 10, and would be great for terrestrial spiderlings, scorplings, pedelings, whatever. They're pretty decent quality, much better than little deli cups. They come in packs of 10, and are 2.26" long, 1.98" wide, 1.38" tall. They have round versions of these, similar in size.

Just thought I'd throw this out there, these containers are an incredible value for the money.

Jterry

Arachnosquire
This is exactly what I use for my terrestrial slings and they're great!! Just wish I could find more, none of the dollar stores in my area appear to be carrying them anymore :(

Micrathena

Arachnoknight
Sometimes I almost believe that the plastic container manufacturers had spiders in mind.

Amaruca Sun

Arachnopeon
Those are nice. I thought about picking some up, but I only have two spiderlings, and have been doing fine with found containers.

If anybody is searching for those containers, the dollar store right by my house has them, it's called Family Dollar. (you might find them at a Family Dollar in your area)

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
I know this thread is about sling containers but I thought I would say that I use sterlite plastic containers from target for my juvies and adults. I put my anything 2 in+ or small adults in the 6 quarts and larger adults in the 16 quarts. They are cheap and they stack perfectly. Just a suggestion

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ive got a crapload of these containers. I use them for my smallest terrestrial and fossorial slings.

brianp

Arachnopeon
I think just about anything will work as long as you perforate it adequately. If you have a TAP Plastic in your area, you may want to visit. You will find a plethora of different size containers that will accommodate slings through juvies...both arboreals and terrestrials.

fyic

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol i have been using these for a long time .......they have them at the 99cent store .....they also have round ones too .....i get both

goodyt

Arachnosquire
You know how some hobbyists turn their KKs on their end for arboreals? Could these work for arboreal slings the same way?

-AJ

Lrntolive

Arachnopeon
Those look great. Guess I should have searched harder before building a bunch of sling boxes.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
One of my requiremnets for containers of any size spider is a clear lid. I want to know where it is when I open the lid, so I know what I'm getting into, and where it is when I close it (some race around) so I don't catch it's legs.