Latest discovery: first new species of giant milliped discovered in the US since 1957.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's so awesome! Congratulations!

Now how long until we get some in the hobby? :D

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Hmmmm... i wonder just WHICH state that could be? HMmmmmm...

(BTW, Rowland shelley FTW!)

EDIT: I totally expected the article to be about a californian species LOL!

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Hmmmm... i wonder just WHICH state that could be? HMmmmmm...

(BTW, Rowland shelley FTW!)

EDIT: I totally expected the article to be about a californian species LOL!
The population density of Florida is nearly 50% greater than that of California but either would be a good guess.

---------- Post added 04-20-2014 at 10:18 AM ----------

That's so awesome! Congratulations!

Now how long until we get some in the hobby? :D
Only about three dozen specimens have ever been collected. Unfortunately Floridobolus captive husbandry and breeding requirements are so far unknown.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
The population density of Florida is nearly 50% greater than that of California but either would be a good guess.

---------- Post added 04-20-2014 at 10:18 AM ----------

Only about three dozen specimens have ever been collected. Unfortunately Floridobolus captive husbandry and breeding requirements are so far unknown.
Well, perhaps if you leave out all the undocumented 'residents' LOL[/quote]

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow!, you never know what's out there, just more inspiration to keep exploring imo.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
So...what's that...two species now with your name in the binomial? Well done, sir :clap:

That is a special area with an interesting list of endemic invertebrates. Hopefully it doesn't get developed into a series of Piggly Wigglys, Dollar Generals and Publix supermarkets.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
unfortunitly,being in fla....yeah it most likely will happen,ive been in fla many years and every little habitat is bulldozed over and over for wallmarts,publix,condos etc. it's really sad,and there were most likely new sp. that never had chance to be discovered, :(

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
unfortunitly,being in fla....yeah it most likely will happen,ive been in fla many years and every little habitat is bulldozed over and over for wallmarts,publix,condos etc. it's really sad,and there were most likely new sp. that never had chance to be discovered, :(
Sad but true :(