First attempt at display case

Lrntolive

Arachnopeon
Well, I finally completed my first display case for my T's. It's not perfect, but it will do for now. Before anyone gives me a hard time about the thermostats and flex-watt heaters, the cabinet is in my basement. Temps in my basement range from 50-65. uploadfromtaptalk1397920755511.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1397920786359.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1397920798965.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Lrntolive

Arachnopeon
Oh, and I know the foil tape is hideous, but it was temporary until the silicone sealant dried that is holding the flex-watt. I need to remove it.

Lrntolive

Arachnopeon
Thank you. I guess the biggest problem I have now is that there is more room for T's, but I don't know what else to get. What a dilemma!

Lrntolive

Arachnopeon
Allow me to make a suggestion.....more t's. :)
Yes, but my wife has requested a slight hiatus. Besides, I'm a newb, so I have nothing but new worlds right now. And, I think I have all the ones I want for now.

---------- Post added 04-20-2014 at 09:38 AM ----------

Very nice looking cabinet. Is it vented in any way?
It has an internal fan to help airflow, but it is not air tight. I didn't want airtight and the T's wouldn't get any fresh air. The fan helps circulate the warm air from the flex watt so the heaters run less. Saves electricity.

David VB

Arachnosquire
Yes, but my wife has requested a slight hiatus. Besides, I'm a newb, so I have nothing but new worlds right now. And, I think I have all the ones I want for now.
Spend some time browsing this forum and that'll change for sure ;)

TLover007

Arachnosquire
Dude that looks damn good... here is mine it gets very cold here but my room so i need to prepare... its not q good pic but there are doors to close everything.

uploadfromtaptalk1398020880601.jpg

Im crazy... and I Love Ts!!!!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Dude that looks damn good... here is mine it gets very cold here but my room so i need to prepare... its not q good pic but there are doors to close everything.
Looks like a lot of condensation in some cages. I don't want condensation in any of mine, even Theraphosa.

Keith B

Arachnobaron
Looks like a lot of condensation in some cages. I don't want condensation in any of mine, even Theraphosa.
+1 whether that's condensation or misting. I only mist for the ones that won't come to the water dish to drink, but even if you just misted that's way too much misting.

Lrntolive

Arachnopeon

View attachment 126101

Nice job. I can see your hinges, much better quality than the ones I used.

Just so you know, I was also getting condensation in my enclosures, not from misting or wet substrate, but from cooling. It was happening before I put in the circulation fan to provide airflow. All my T's are in dry sub, I didn't mist, but have small water bowls (using bottle caps). The cooling caused any humidity in the air to form condensation on the front of the enclosures. Once I got the fan going, the temp in the entire display case equalized and condensation was gone.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Where in the case is the fan located? What type of fan did you use?

Lrntolive

Arachnopeon
Where in the case is the fan located? What type of fan did you use?
From my image, the fan is located in the upper left corner of the case. It has a baffle? to direct the flow towards the heating elements and down the back of the case.

By placing it up top, the heat, which naturally rises, is pushed down and circulates throughout the case.

I pulled the fan from an old desktop computer that no longer worked. Pretty easy to setup. It turns on when the heaters do.

TLover007

Arachnosquire
No thats not condensation... i just finished misting the sides of the regalis and gbb they were both in pre molt. Just to make sure the humidity is nice for them thats why it looks like condensation...

PhiGamTeacher

Arachnopeon
That looks cool! I need to create something like that for my classroom. It would be easier to lock a few doors versus all of the cages!