New GBB's behavior

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I apologize in advance if these are dumb questions but I just got a female GBB two weeks ago and she has webbed up herself into her hide(cork tube) and not come out. She just stays in the log all day and has not webbed up any of the rest of the enclosure. Do you all think she's still just stressed and settling in? Maybe needs to molt?

And yes this is a really dumb question, but is it possible she's webbed herself in there and can't get out? She completely webbed up the entrance/exit.

Thanks for the help!

cold blood

Staff member
I apologize in advance if these are dumb questions but I just got a female GBB two weeks ago and she has webbed up herself into her hide(cork tube) and not come out. She just stays in the log all day and has not webbed up any of the rest of the enclosure. Do you all think she's still just stressed and settling in? Maybe needs to molt?

And yes this is a really dumb question, but is it possible she's webbed herself in there and can't get out? She completely webbed up the entrance/exit.

Thanks for the help!
No offense, but a quick search (or just looking around at recent threads) could have yielded your answers instantly. There was just a thread started at noon today regarding the EXACT same questions. Go to the forum "tarantula questions & discussion" and look up "baby sling help". ;)

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No offense, but a quick search (or just looking around at recent threads) could have yielded your answers instantly. There was just a thread started at noon today regarding the EXACT same questions. Go to the forum "tarantula questions & discussion" and look up "baby sling help". ;)
I actually did try to use the search function. I tried searching "webbing up entrance" and a variety of other combinations and yielded nothing. So I apologize for the terrible inconvenience I caused you to open this thread.

My apologies.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Webbing up Entrance... a bit too specific. Next time just type in GBB and search, it's a shot gun approach, but you will find the answer. I've done it many times.

Now this isn't directed at you. But there's all this information on the net, and people can read for centuries on topics, so what do people do now w/all that information..they just post a question instead, as if a forum is a fast-food restaurant placing an order, because they are "too busy" to look up it themselves, YET other people aren't too busy to look it up FOR them.

Your answers to your questions are Maybe and Yes, but you'll have to do the research to figure out which answer goes to which question ;)

In the meantime you have nothing to worry about, just keep searching and reading.

Could be stressed out-Maybe
Molt- Maybe
Trapped- Definitely NO, they are far stronger than you give them credit.

Last edited: