I think I caught my first Lynx - ID help please?

Lucidd

Arachnoknight
Hi there!
It's been a while since I've visited this forum and I have missed seeing all the photographs of arachnids!
Anyway, I just moved to a very wooded area and have been finding many spiders I've never seen before! I took this one in because the bright green is quite stunning. The only green spiders I've heard of are Lynx but I'm not sure if this applies as it didn't seem to have very visible spines on the legs. It also has a reddish brown spot on its back which I haven't seen on any of the images of Lynx spiders I've looked up.
Any help would be appreciated as to what species this is, as well as what type of a home I should set up to make it most comfortable (but I'm sure I can find that info once I know for sure what this little one is.)
Thanks all!

20140412_220053.jpg

Lucidd

Arachnoknight
Thank you for the help! It has made a small amount of web but looks triangular shaped. I am guessing I am going to have to put it in a larger container so it can build a sufficient web. While resting, it looks almost like a green piece of plant because it sticks its two front legs straight out in front of it and flattens the hind legs to its body.

---------- Post added 04-19-2014 at 10:24 PM ----------

Thanks again! You helped me pinpoint it. I'm pretty sure it is Tetragnatha viridis.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
These spiders seem to love being near water. I commonly see them in webs extended over fish ponds, canals and creeks. Thus they have perfected various ways of hiding or camouflaging themselves, both from birds above and fish below.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I'm going to say its Tetragnatha viridis as well, which means green long jawed orb weaver. You can keep it in a solo cup/ salad container with some water and a fake plant as they don't drown very easy and like to be by/above water.

Lucidd

Arachnoknight
Ahh that makes sense as to where I found it if they like water. I found it running along the edge of a swimming pool.

Thanks all for the advice and comments!

awiec

Arachnoprince
Ahh that makes sense as to where I found it if they like water. I found it running along the edge of a swimming pool.

Thanks all for the advice and comments!
Yeah mosquitoes and young damsel flies/dragonflies are this things bread and butter. Fun fact the males live just as long as females, and he will eat other spiders including smaller females of his species and will kick off giant orb weavers off their web to steal and food/use it to catch more prey.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Yeah mosquitoes and young damsel flies/dragonflies are this things bread and butter. Fun fact the males live just as long as females, and he will eat other spiders including smaller females of his species and will kick off giant orb weavers off their web to steal and food/use it to catch more prey.
I didnt know that. pretty cool.