Does this sound like a spider bite?

Lucidd

Arachnoknight
Truth be told I don't think I've ever been bitten by a spider before, but I have a mystery spot on my hip that I am beginning to become suspicious of. Around 2 weeks ago I felt an itch on my right hip, and I actually didn't look at the area until after I had scratched it raw. I couldn't see any bite marks and I actually thought it was my newly discovered allergy to HE detergent.

About a week ago the scabs on my skin healed except for a small round scab. By the time it got to that point I noticed something really strange. I was running around the yard to play with my dog and noticed every time I ran, that spot would BURN like hellfire! It literally felt like someone was stabbing me with hot metal!

The spot is about 3 inches in diameter, and otherwise is completely numb to the touch. So I now have a numb patch of skin on my hip, which burns like crazy ONLY if I run. With a small red dot on the very edge of it.

I realize I should probably get it checked by a doc, but I just moved an hour and a half away from my established docs and I haven't had the time to find a new doc so I figured I would at the very least see if anyone here has experienced something similar from a bite.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Running=enhanced deep tissue blood flow. May be a latent venom or poison. Best option is take it to a dermatologist. You could try topical antibiotics. Experiment with topical analgesics which promote and or restrict blood flow, or try an anti inflammatory, either steroidal or non. All of that only addresses symptoms pretty much. A doc would go for blood tests looking for hormonal issues and allergens.
Be all that as it may, the indications that it is deep tissue is a warning sign. Keep close track of it, lymph nodes, allergic reaction symptoms, cramping, muscle aches, neurological symptoms like twitching, non scratchable itches etc. I don't like the numbness. As a paramed that would get me to strongly advocate seeing a physician.