Some Slithering Friends

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Some of my snakes. I have my Conditional Species Permit for any animals pictured (license number is in my sig).
Bateater python:

Green Anaconda:

Reticulated python:

Guyanna boa (BCC):
Female:

Male:

Dumeril's boa:

---------- Post added 04-21-2014 at 05:37 PM ----------

Emerald tree boa:

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Only when they are younger - they are usually red or orange before gaining their green coloring. This is a northern - once I have more experience with it and the husbandry, I would love to get an Amazon basin.

CitizenNumber9

Arachnobaron
So that is after it has lost most of its yellow/red coloring and before it becomes completely green?

RzezniksRunAway

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That bateater is beautiful. Hows the temperament, and was the retic parent a mainland or a dwarf? I have to resist the urge to buy when I come across them, especially if the retic was a dwarf. =)

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Mainland tiger. I couldn't resist - I find them gorgeous, and I couldn't believe I found some in state. I did a four hour drive round trip to go get her. So far, docile but I just got her.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Me too. :) I just found out he has cateaters, too. It's time like that I wish I were made of money
Lol

RzezniksRunAway

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love the look of the cateaters, but I don't know if I could trust one. Afrocks are one of those snakes that concern me. I know they're mildly misunderstood like blood pythons, but seriously, if a blood gets irritated, it's going to suck. If an afrock gets irritated and your game is off, that's stitches and major blood loss. I've never had a healthy burm or retic try to eat my face off, but I've had an afrock decide that he was going to use his face to bust his tank open so he could get me.

I'm slowly getting drawn into carpondros (gtp x carpets), just haven't had the cash to make that a reality. I really like the 75% gtp x 25% carpet crosses where the GTP was a blueline, but I really don't have enough kidneys to spare to make that a reality. :)

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Yeah, that's why I would like the cateater first - maybe the burm portion would calm it down. Lol. And I feel you on the Carpondros. Absolutely stunning but one heckuva price tag.

lizardminion

Arachnolord
I'll be praying tonight in hopes you post more pics, especially of that bateater. :biggrin:
These things look amazing. Could you take him outdoors for some pics in natural light? And how do they behave? Are they squirmy like retics or much slower like burms?

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
I will see what I can do about some more pics. Maybe even some natural light shots. :)

She's fairly sedate, though I haven't had her too long. For as little as she is, she has the most insane feeding response I have ever witnessed. I cannot wait til she gets some good size on her.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Still need to get more shots of the others, but here are a couple quick pics of my latest acquisitions:
Female

Male

P bivittatus het green albino. Such beautiful animals.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
A couple pics in the sunlight. Started late and ran out of daylight literally. I will try and get a few more of the others this weekend.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
Some updated pics. Last one is a new addition. I received a pair of Kayuadi dwarf retics. That is the male. The female has some issues from pushinhg, so I will get pics of her up when I get her cleared up.

And here is my ugly yet functional and secure ten shelf rack. I built it for my conditionals; all that remains is to label them up. I will never be a professional carpenter, but this saved me quite a bit of money and gave me experience in enclosure building.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
A few feeding pics

Bateater getting a soak

My Kayuadi female retic looking bettef

I love some of the retic morphs, but I really think I want to concentrate on the various locales overall. I am thinking Kalatoa, Ternates and Madu for the smallers, and Java, Sumatra and Sulawesi for the largers. Morphs are lovely, but just the wide range normal retics have in patterns and colors is just amazing.

Nada

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What? No AfRock? lol Some serious snakes you have. If only I had the space for the Giants..