Lock-Ups for Slings

shamilt1

Arachnopeon
I highly recommend the 12 oz "Lock-Ups" containers (The Container Store) for terrestrial slings. I put an inch or so of vermiculite and Zilla Jungle mix. (40/60 ratio) I also put in one of the corners of the containers a clump of damp long-fiber sphagnum moss. The long-fiber moss has lots of branches, nooks, and crannies for the slings and they went for it like gangbusters. They immediately webbed them up and hang out in there all the time. (1 Inch - Got them last Friday)

ObtWebbing2.jpg

You can also lock the containers in a stack. I keep them in a stack of about 2 high groups on my shelf. It was very easy to melt holes on top for ventilation w/a soldering iron. Gives the slings space but not too much. They have absolutely no problems finding their food and have been destroying the small crickets I have put in there. Also come in 8 oz and one other very small size.

LockupStack.jpg

Check out that webbing...

ObtWebbing.jpg

BTW, this was not my original idea, I actually got the info from another "T" forum that I cannot recall at the moment, so all credit goes to that gentleman!! Let me know if you guys have any suggestions/comments. Thanks.

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
These are really nice. I hate using tiny condiment cups because of the aesthetics. These are actually nice to look at.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
They look nice and good sized, i use small Tupperware containers for slings/Juvies just now, but if i came across them then i would buy some.

Mindibun

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Those are what I use for all my terrestrial Ts. I think the screw top is less "invasive"/ annoying than a snap lid. They seem to stress less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

jayspider

Arachnopeon
I use the same ones they work great real clear and cheap I get mine from JoAnn's there 2.99 but I use 40% off coupons and you can use coupons from other craft stores up to 3 so I can get 3 at once or 6 if the wife with me.

kontan

Arachnopeon
I use them too. I ran into them randomly at a convenient store a while ago and didn't thought twice. Really nice enclosures.