Enclosure suggestions

beanb142002

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Will this work for sub-adult/adult
B. Smithi, Boehmei, etc. or is it too large?

uploadfromtaptalk1398140047659.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's humongous for a full-grown B. smithi. Try the 5-10 gallon tanks instead. You'll spend a lot less and have a happy spider.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Probably half that size would suffice ground-space wise.

cold blood

Staff member
The front opening doors would make this a NO in my book. Those doors will prevent you from adding enough sub to make it a safe habitat for a terrestrial.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ridiculous enclosure size for Brachypelma. Just because that terrarium is on sale for $20 cheaper than normal at the moment at Petsmart (the red tag you conveniently cut off in the lower left of the pic) doesn't mean its appropriate. You're much better off with one of those Kritter Keeper-type plastic cages to the left of that enclosure on that shelf (also cut off in your pic.) Much better size, much better price.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
I agree, less space will make a happy spider, my G,Rosea is in a 12"/7/6 KK but with hide/waterdish etc in place makes everything snug so she has floor space/hight and everything close (open from top), that front door opening is a hindrance for putting sub down although not to bad cause i'm more about hight of it and that needs more sub to soften a (potential fall), it can survive in that enclosure but Will survive happy/better in a smaller one.

auskie

Arachnosquire
I've always thought that exo terra terrariums were overpriced as hell.

PhiGamTeacher

Arachnopeon
Someone near me is selling one of those Low Exo's for 40 bucks still in the box. They are sweet, but I would look for something other than a Brachy to put in it.

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
Like everyone else said you do not need that kind of space and that is an unnecessarily expensive terrarium. Something alot of people forget is that in the wild T's aren't confined to 5 gallons. But there are risks with bigger cages like falling. All in all its just easier to use a 5 or 10 gallon.

Bipolar Spider

Arachnopeon
Great Exo, currently modding mine to create two complete floors, loads of options if you put the thought and effort in :cool:

Bipolar Spider

Arachnopeon
Yup will certainly put them up as soon i've done enough to share, really enjoy this stage.

Last edited:

beanb142002

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I did not get the exo
. I will likely use some low profile terrarium in the 5-10 gallon range.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd recommend getting something that doesn't have doors on the front like that, it restricts the substrate level to the bottom of the door, leaving too much height for a terrestrial species to live safely